Local company seeking experienced Maintenance Mechanic. This positionw ill perform mechanical work as needed to insure proper and continuours operation of the facility.
1. Understand and comply with all Plant rules and safety requirements.
2. Understand and comply with ISO and FSSC requirements.
3.Perform the daily assignments of a mechanical, instrument, or electrical nature.
4. Communicate the status of daily assignments to maintenance and operations coordinators, engineers, operations manager and maintenance manager as required.
5. Perform Preventive Maintenance inspections, safety inspections and audits as assigned and provide timely documentation on findings.
6. Determine appropriate parts, tools, equipment and manpower for all assignments.
7. Perform special assignments as may be required by the Mechanical Maintenance
8. Coordinator or Maintenance Manager.
Cross-train in the Instrument and Electrical areas in order to become fully proficient in trouble shooting problems and performing all assigned work.
9. Carry a cell phone as required (usually every eighth week) to answer and respond to plant call-ins to troubleshoot I/E or mechanical problems and to make proper assessments when assistance is needed.
10. Work weekends and holidays as the schedule requires and work overtime when requested.
11. Perform necessary cleaning and maintain good housekeeping practices.
12. Be able to prioritize and organize work to make efficient use of resources.
13. Be proficient in the use of the SAP maintenance management program, to write
14. Work notifications, convert notifications to work orders, to locate stock materials and to review equipment history.
Position Responsibilities - Specific
1. Be proficient in the use of company mobile equipment including, but not limited to forklifts, JLG, scissor lifts, mule and trucks.
2. Properly use and care for required hand and shop tools, as are necessary to complete work assignments.
3. Properly perform all necessary welding and fabrication functions.
4. Demonstrate machinist proficiencies necessary to manufacture required parts.
5. Perform basic shop equipment and machine rebuilding responsibilities accurately and efficiently. This would include pump repair, gearbox repair, and any other assignment of similar required skills.
6. Use the proper assembly and rigging practices required to complete equipment change out of in place repair responsibilities.
7. Demonstrate basic precision activities including but not limited to machine alignments and balancing.
Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED required.
Prior mechanical and/or maintenance experience.
Knowledgeable in the use of hand and shop tools.
Proficiency in millwright, machinist, and rigger functions.
Knowledge of pipefitting, welding and general mechanical work.
Knowledge of basic oils and grease and their specific uses in rotating equipment.
Knowledge of different types of gasket materials used and their specific services.
Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to work independently under limited supervision.
Demonstrated effective organizational and prioritization skills.
Demonstrated effective troubleshooting methods and successes.
Good decision making ability.
Demonstrated high degree of initiative.
Able to lift and carry 55 lbs., climb ladders and work at heights.
Able to learn new tasks and assignments and demonstrated willingness to maintain flexibility and support change.
Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
A level of understanding in maintenance of electrical motors including field wiring, alignment, rotation checks, and starter components.
A level of understanding of flow diagrams, equipment vendor drawings, ladder diagrams, simple control circuits and the ability to troubleshoot the systems involved.
A level of understanding of the function and calibration of field instrumentation, including flow meters, temperature probes, pH meters, density meters, pressure transmitters, level transmitters, and other field devices.
A level of understanding of the plant IA and PLC control systems
Adecco - 17 months ago
Pacific Northwest Oil Company
MDU Resources Group, Inc.
- 7 days ago
Sims Metal Management
Sims Metal Management
- 22 days ago
- 30 days ago
At Adecco, we work for you.
Adecco is the world’s largest provider of staffing solutions. But it’s not our size that makes...