The Company is seeking an organized, deadline oriented, self-starter to work in maintaining the efficient running of the production facility. Responsibilities include supervising maintenance functions within a high volume processing facility. This person
will report to the maintenance manager, and have as direct reports, maintenance and sanitation staff. The qualified candidate must have at least 3-5 years experience as a maintenance supervisor within the food manufacturing or beverage industry. Must have
well rounded skills to include preventative maintenance programs, supervising maintenance crew, and scheduling work. Experience in all facets of equipment repair, plumbing, electrical and machining required. Must be able to work from blueprints and diagrams,
and possess welding skills. Individual will be actively involved in the Company Safety program and the long term and short term goals of the department. Attendance is an essential function of this job.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties and responsibilities :
- Supervise the night maintenance.
- Lead the group in maintaining plant equipment and property in excellent working condition.
- Ensure best maintenance practices with clearly defined goals that have the result of driving plant performance.
- Training and development of direct reports.
- Supervise maintenance related projects.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times.
- Participate in Company and department safety program.
- Company with Company Policies and Procedures.
To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- AA degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. Applicants not meeting this requirement must show prior experience sufficient to demonstrate equivalent capabilities.
- Minimum of 3 years of Maintenance Supervisory experience in a manufacturing/packaging setting.
- Electrical, plumbing, equipment repair, welding, fabrication.
- Must be able to read and work from blueprints and diagrams.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
- Ability to read and write reports and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages.
Ability to understand, speak, and write fluent English. Spanish a plus but not required.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with an assortment of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral and verbal forms, to include diagrams, schedules and blueprints.
Ability to use hands to feel objects, tools and controls. Ability to lift, push or pull up to 45 pound equipment and materials. Ability to regularly stand, walk, and climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must have close and distance vision and ability
to distinguish colors.
Work area is predominantly cold and wet conditions. Ice box storage and chilled warehouse conditions as well. Moderate to extreme levels of noise, safety protection is provided.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation
or other reasons.
Details Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Perdue Farms, Inc. - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
Chickens are always on the menu at this company. Perdue Incorporated is one of the largest poultry (chicken and turkey) producers in the US....