The Maintenance Systems Specialist will work directly with the Maintenance and Materials user communities and the IT Development team to ensure seamless data integration and management between the applications which support Maintenance and Materials. They will assist the department in the development and improvement of process flow to ensure that business processes are in line with best practices and supporting applications. Will ensure that Maintenance technology supports those processes and will assist the business group in defining necessary data flow to ensure all business users have access to required data fields. He/she will work directly with technology resources as well as assist in the decision making process as it relates to technology needs of the user communities. He/she will be responsible for assisting IT with the mapping, designing, and coordinating the implementation of technology integration required to support the business.
- Assist in the Development of systems requirements, prioritization of
requirements, and synchronization of those requirements to the business
- Assist with the planning of the systems development process to ensure
business requirements for the development of applications is complete and
accurate and consistent with the “to be” processes and controls.
- Coordinate with IT resources to ensure automation integration and resources
utilize best practice methodologies to ensure departmental satisfaction.
- Research, define and utilize best practices to ensure maintenance and
material technologies maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assess technology opportunities and make strategic recommendations to
- Provide decision support for maintenance and materials by coordinating and
ensuring necessary analytical capabilities and data repositories
- Assist decision-support and analysis of information business systems.
- Assist IT with the deployment, implementation, and integration of
applications for business users as necessary
- Review and analyze systems including testing, debugging and documenting
programs/processes as necessary to support the business.
No direct reports.
Works with Maintenance and Materials Management and Staff, IT Project
Managers, Airline Application Specialists, Business Analysts, Developers, IT
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- M ust have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations
Act of 1986
- A bility to take direction and work independently
- Outstanding attention to detail is essential
- Willingness to take responsibility and ownership of processes and
- Sound Leadership Skills
Bachelor's Degree in Science; Mechanical Design, CAD, Business, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience in airline Maintenance and/or Materials
- 5 + years of experience as an A&P Mechanic or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in Maintenance Planning/Records
- 5+ years of experience in Maintenance Engineering preferred
- Experience with Maintenance Systems preferred.
- Proven track record of successful process implementation
- Broad Airline industry experience preferred
- Expert knowledge of Aircraft Maintenance as it relates to 121 Flight
- Expert knowledge of Maintenance Reporting Requirements
- Excellent understanding of Maintenance process flow
- Good understanding of Materials process flow
- Solid understanding of Aircraft Record Keeping Requirements
- Solid understanding of Fleet planning a plus
Light lifting may be required
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION STATEMENT:
Allegiant Travel Company commits to making a reasonable accommodation to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified veterans, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the conduct of its business. In determining the extent of its obligation, Allegiant Travel Company will consider business necessity and financial costs and expenses, among other factors.