Company Name: GEO GRP
Under general supervision, performs general maintenance work with moderate latitude for exercising individual knowledge and technical skill.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Surveys assigned jobs and ensures that sufficient and proper materials and tools are on hand to complete work.
• Directs work, provides technical assistance and performs inspections of work performed by detainee maintenance staff.
• Performs preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance.
• Operates equipment and machinery related to assigned area.
• May perform carpentry work in repairing or replacing doors, windows, walls, flooring, roofing and any other work pertaining to wood structures.
• May perform plumbing, heating and air conditioning work in repairing furnaces, duct work, air conditioners, piping, instrument controls, wash basins, toilet facilities, or any other related work requiring these skills.
• May perform electrical work in repairing and replacing fluorescent fixtures, control switches, disconnecting wiring or any other related work requiring these skills.
• May perform minor construction such as building storage bins, stockroom shelves, counters, and workbenches using precision hand tools and power tools.
• May perform mechanical work involving repair and maintenance of facility machinery, motors and vehicles.
• Maintains records of repairs.
• Assists in maintaining the security of assigned detainees.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
• Minimum of five (5) years full-time, wage earning experience in general maintenance, construction or related area. Completion of equivalent technical or trade school course may be substituted for two years of the required vocational experience.
• Knowledge of maintenance techniques and procedures, including the ability to interpret electrical prints, diagrams, schematics and to make arithmetic calculations required.
• Ability to communicate ideas and instructions clearly and concisely required.
The GEO Group, Inc. - 7 months ago
The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is a provider of government-outsourced services specializing in the management of correctional, detention and...