APPLY ONLINE ONLY
The City of Fort Worth is recruiting to hire Maintenance Workers for the Parks and Community Services Department Northeast Region, North and East Park Operations Districts on to perform manual work in construction, maintenance and repair of city parks and facilities.
Essential functions include, but not limited, to:
1. Perform a variety of construction and maintenance activities as it relates to park operations.
2. Operate a variety of hand and small power tools and equipment such as push mowers, weed eaters, shovels, rakes, trucks, pick axes, and various other equipment in support of variety of maintenance and construction operations.
3. Perform grounds maintenance duties such as mowing grass, operating a weed eater, removing and trimming shrubbery, raking leaves and removing trash >
4. Clean debris from ditches, culverts and creek beds, collect and haul trash, garbage, debris, dirt, sand and gravel, backfill jobs as required.
5. Perform additional construction and maintenance tasks such as grading, pouring concrete, asphalt, spreading and filling potholes Skills / Requirements
The following education and/or experience are the minimum standards which provide the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position: High School Diploma or GED PLUS one (1) year of general maintenance experience is preferred. Preference will be given to applicants who have one year (1) park maintenance and construction experience..
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Possession of a valid Class C drivers license is required
MISC. REQUIREMENTS: City of Fort Worth policy on acceptable driving record required.
Indoor and outdoor environments; exposure to extremes in weather condition; exposure to vibrations and noise; work on slippery or uneven surfaces, work with electrical energy; work with and around heavy machinery, in or near vehicle traffic; exposure to dust and fumes from motorized equipment; possible exposure to toxic chemicals.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting, standing, or walking for extended periods of time; moderate and heavy lifting and carrying,, pulling, reaching, bending, climbing, and kneeling; use of fingers, both hands, and both legs required. Must be able to distinguish colors; must be able to operate assigned vehicles.