The duties include but are not limited to :
- Assists in the different divisions of Maintenance, i.e., carpenters, plumbers, electricians, warehouse, or other crafts under the respective foremen as assigned by coordinator.
- Performs minor facility repairs (replaces light bulbs/ballast, unstops plumbing, etc.)
- Maintains accurate and timely records of time, labor, and materials.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with Supervisors, other foremen, and employees.
- May be assigned other duties as required.
- THIS POSITION MAN ALSO BE REQUIRED TO WORK AFTER HOURS AND WEEKENDS WHEN NECESSARY.
- MAY ALSO BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM DUTIES ON SHIFT WORK SCHEDULES.
Must be a high school graduate or have GED equivalent. Must have two (2) years experience in general trades or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Must have the ability to learn general practices and procedures of one or more of the building trades. Must understand and follow oral and written procedures. Must have a valid Alabama Drivers License. May be required to obtain a Commercial Drivers License. Must be insurable as determined by an investigation by MCPSS personnel into private and business driving records within any consecutive three-year time frame.
$26,360.00 - $39,402.00 annually
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING
New applicants applying for the first time should complete the State of Alabama on- line application. This application can be found on the website www.alsde.edu/teachinAlabama. CURRENT EMPLOYEES: Must submit an Application for Advertised Vacancy Form and resume to Human Resources, Mobile County Public Schools, P.O. Box 180069, Mobile, AL 36618. This form can be found at www.mcpss.com; select the Divisions tab Human Resources; and then HR Forms on the column on the left.