Under general supervision on a multi-building, multi-acre campus, performs manual work of moderate difficulty involving a variety of semi-skilled tasks necessary in maintaining the physical facilities, grounds maintenance, and landscaping activities.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Moves large and heavy items. Performs all landscape improvement.
- Performs light building maintenance including changing lights and light fixtures, painting, changing filter, furniture repair, etc.
- Performs grounds maintenance including mowing, trimming, snow removal, and maintenance of grounds equipment. Helps maintain outside irrigation system.
- Handles painting projects as needed. Must be able to maintain flexible hours for inclement weather, emergencies, etc.
- Maintains photocopy machines, delivers copy paper
- Responsible for the set up and breakdown of conference and training rooms as needed.
- Occasionally performs cleaning and maintenance duties including sweeping, mopping, and polishing floors; removing trash and litter; cleaning furniture.
- Conducts weekly walk-thru tours of a specific assigned area of responsibility, noting issues, prioritizing as major or minor, and offering recommendations to address.
- While on duty is responsible for answering calls/pages for a wide array of facility requests in a timely manner
- Performs a variety of other manual work duties as assigned as part of a team assisting other workers with more complex assignments.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- High school diploma/ G.E.D.
- Licensed and able to safely operate motor vehicles, with a clear driving record.
- Ability to perform arithmetical operations and verify mathematical calculations.
- Working knowledge of maintenance and grounds equipment.
- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects; the ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- Physical mobility and dexterity to operate and transport equipment with the ability to perform maintenance and move large and heavy objects utilizing proper lifting techniques and safety practices.
- Visual acuity sufficient to accurately review and proof information and auditory ability to use a telephone.
- Willing and able to work required overtime as necessary to meet operating and business requirements.
Associates degree in facilities/maintenance-related area.Strong written/verbal communications skills. Ability to obtain a valid chauffeurs license. Attendance or participation in additional training/schooling to acquire knowledge/necessary skills that enable to better serve the Facilities Department/ UniGroup. Basic PC skills.