CARE is seeking a dynamic, experienced, full-time Major Gifts Officer to lead and significantly expand our Northeast region philanthropy program, which emphasizes major gifts fundraising thru individual major and planned giving. CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We place special focus on working alongside poor women because, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty.
CARE uses the title Director of Development for this position. The incumbent will report to the Regional Executive Director and will be charged with cultivating, soliciting, and the stewardship of major donors in the regional portfolio. The selected individual will be responsible for strengthening the organization’s relationships with its supporters. Working closely with the Executive Director, this person is responsible for planning, and executing our major gifts program and developing complementary fundraising and donor cultivation strategies in order to successfully drive growth and development.
S/he will assist in providing leadership to the staff and the Board of Directors to reach our annual and long-range goals. CARE has recently refocused its agenda to enhance our presence and increase impact throughout the world, and is looking to dramatically increase its resources to be able to sustain this growth.
- Responsible for developing and leading a comprehensive annual work plan that focuses on major gifts and includes specific fund raising goals and targets.
- Work with the Office of Leadership Development to create meaningful engagement strategies for donors and prospects
- Coordinate with the Office of Research to identify prospects
- Coordinate with Business Operations development of proposals and reports for donors and prospects
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 five years of fund raising experience with demonstrable success with major gifts (individual major and planned giving)
- General familiarity with all aspects of fund raising concepts, including planned giving, stewardship functions and database management
- Proficient in database management, designing presentations, persuasive communication skills