As a member of our team, you will be part of the latest advances in medicine and technology, backed by the expertise of the region's premier academic medical center. Our commitment to quality care and patient satisfaction means every member of our staff plays a vital role in a patient's journey towards healing.
We currently have an opening for a Mammography Technologist.
· Performs all mammography procedures - screening and diagnostic mammography, biopsies and needle localizations and other interventional procedures relating to the breast. Ensures all procedures have accurate documentation including clinical, specimen labeling and patient related information.
· Performs mandatory MQSA/FDA compliance.
· Assists with contacting and following up with patients, tracking critical information for performance improvement, and ensuring that the reporting radiologist has all necessary information.
· Assists with ordering supplies, maintaining room cleanliness, ensures proper hand washing regimen and all equipment is used safely and according to proper protocols.
· Assists with patient consents, inquiries, and education of biopsies and other breast center exams and procedures.
· Actively participates in the hospital safety program, PSN, and reports items of non-compliance, safety concerns and unusual events to the manager or director.
· Graduate of an accredited Radiology Technologist program required.
· BLS required.
· Licensure from the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts required.
· Current ARRT/Mammography certification required.
· 3D Tomosynthesis training preferred; stereotactic breast biopsy training preferred
· 1 year of experience in mammography preferred
· Maintain ACR/FDA volume competencies required
The University of Kansas Hospital - 27 days ago