As a member of our team, you will be part of the latest advances in medicine and technology, backed by the expertise of the region's premier academic medical center. Our commitment to quality care and patient satisfaction means every member of our staff plays a vital role in a patient's journey towards healing.
We currently have an opening for a Mammography Technologist in our Breast Imaging Center.
* Performs all mammography procedures - screening and diagnostic mammography, biopsies and needle localizations and other interventional procedures relating to the breast. Ensures all procedures have accurate documentation including clinical, specimen labeling and patient related information.
* Performs mandatory MQSA/FDA compliance.
* Assists with contacting and following up with patients, tracking critical information for performance improvement, and ensuring that the reporting radiologist has all necessary information.
* Assists with ordering supplies, maintaining room cleanliness, ensures proper hand washing regimen and all equipment is used safely and according to proper protocols.
* Assists with patient consents, inquiries, and education of biopsies and other breast center exams and procedures.
* Actively participates in the hospital safety program, PSN, and reports items of non-compliance, safety concerns and unusual events to the manager or director.
* Uses free time to assist others and ensure that patient comfort and satisfaction is the priority.
* High School Diploma/GED required, technical degree preferred.
* Licensure from the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts.
* Current ARRT/Mammography certification.
* 1 year of mammography experience.
* CPR certified.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 15 months ago