Under general supervision of the Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Director, the SHE Coordinator will contribute to the success of the SHE Department. The SHE Coordinator is responsible for Maintaining, Developing and Implementing the Company’s Safety and Health programs to prevent injuries and ensure compliance with all pertinent OSHA regulations through daily interaction with managers, supervisors and employees. Potential candidates will spend a significant amount of time (70% travel) at the gas processing, pipeline operation facilities observing and advising personnel on Health and Safety related matters.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct Employee Safety Training.
- Conduct New Hire Safety Orientation
- Maintain and update Industrial Hygiene Sampling Program.
- Head monthly Safety Committee meetings and document meeting minutes.
- Perform “Job Hazard Analysis” and develop equipment specific safety training.
- Participate in accident investigations and document root cause and action items.
- Maintain OSHA log for all facilities.
- Conduct annual health and safety inspections at all facilities
- Conduct evacuation drills as required
- Update and maintain monthly safety reports to management team
- Maintain and update existing Health and Safety Programs
- Develop and implement new Health and Safety Programs
- Other related duties as assigned
- BS in Health and Safety or 2-5 years of Health and Safety experience in SH&E field (gas processing knowledge a plus) or equivalent combination of both.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Working knowledge of NFPA and ANSI standards
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Able to demonstrate analytical, organizational, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Experienced in conflict resolution and problem solving
- Able to take the initiative to exercise reason, discretion and independent judgment when interacting with various individuals and situations
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Oriented toward team success and willing to accept a variety of assignments as necessary to achieve results
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Access and Outlook
Hiland Partners - 8 months ago