Under general direction, plans and coordinates the activities of personnel in the International Personal Household Effects (PHE) area to ensure that quality service is provided to our customers, agents and national accounts. Establishes and monitors shipment volume, revenue, earnings and quality targets for assigned teams.
• Develops annual business plan objectives for assigned PHE teams.
• Provides monthly traffic and revenue reports and develops team projections.
• Develops and monitors actual vs. budgeted goals of the teams.
• Communicates with the agency family, shipping customers and national accounts.
• Hire, direct, and motivate the efforts of staff
• Resolves personnel problems.
• Investigate customer service and logistics problems, develop effective recommendations, and negotiate solutions in a highly professional and tactful manner.
• Reviews "loss" files and service failures to determine the reason(s) and implements corrective measures.
• Performs direct sales to the agency family, participates in national account calls with agents and sales managers.
• Remains knowledgeable of company policies and enforcement of the same.
• Reviews individual and team performance to ensure that price competitiveness and quality service is provided to customers.
• Performs the duties of move manager for designated agents/corporate accounts, government agencies or when staffing needs dictate.
• Overseas training of new personnel and refresher training of existing staff, as needed.
• Monitors move manager activity to ensure prioritized venders and agents are being utilized.
• Monitors move manager activity to ensure files are released to invoice within established time targets.
• Monitors move manager activity to ensure quotes to customers are completed within established time targets.
• Monitors assigned workflow to ensure that tasks are completed within established targets.
• Assists in developing and implementing procedural and training manuals for Operations personnel and the agency family.
• Travels periodically to national accounts, agents, and vendors.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelors degree
• Intermediate PC, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word and email skills
• Two years of customer service experience
• Two years in a lead or management capacity
• Able to travel as required to out-of-town locations and use public transportation vehicles.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
• Masters degree
• Two years of transportation experience
• Knowledge of geography
• Foreign language skill
• Knowledge of the metric system
UniGroup, Inc. - 16 months ago