WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY
Division of Public Affairs
Marketing and Communications
MANAGER, REGIONAL CAMPUS MARKETING
Western Kentucky University’s office of Marketing and Communications invites applicants for the position of Manager, Regional Campus Marketing. The University seeks a marketing specialist to manage all marketing efforts at WKU’s three regional campuses located in Glasgow, Elizabethtown/Radcliff/Ft. Knox, and Owensboro. The position of Manager, Regional Campus Marketing is a twelve-month position and reports to the Chief Marketing Officer, with an indirect report to the Associate Provost of Regional Higher Education. Critical to providing educational access and attainment to rural Kentuckians, expansion of the regional campuses is a strategic priority for the institution. Since 2001, enrollment at WKU’s regional campuses has nearly doubled, increasing from 2,822 students to well over 5,000 in 2012.
The primary responsibilities of the Manager, Regional Campus Marketing are to manage marketing projects, both printed and web-related, for the three regional campuses. The successful candidate will conduct market research, create, and execute individual marketing plans for each regional campus, work closely with each location on social media strategy and content, assist with special events as needed and create and update content for each regional campus website. The Manager, Regional Campus Marketing acts as a liaison between the regional campuses and divisions/departments across WKU’s campus. Performing the duties of this job requires frequent travel between the three regional campuses.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Extensive knowledge of marketing strategies including that of internet marketing and multi-media, broadcast media, marketing planning, needs assessment, promotion, social media, advertising, public relations, and direct marketing
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to organize, manage, and prioritize time and projects immediately
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, proofreading, and copy editing
- Bachelor’s degree in a Marketing related field
- Minimum five years of experience with marketing, including print and web strategy and content, media relations, media buying and negotiations, and a thorough understanding of social media strategy and content
- Strong technology and web based skills
- Excellent communication and student service skills
Applications for employment will be accepted electronically only. Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, current resume, and names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three professional references using the online application process. Please refer to the following website to apply:
. For further assistance call (270) 745-5934. Please reference requisition number S3573. For full consideration, submit application materials on or before March 22, 2013. Position will remain open until filled.
Western Kentucky University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, or marital status in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Persons with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and/or selection process, should notify The Office of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/University ADA Services at (270) 745- 5121, a minimum of five working days in advance.
InsideHigherEd.com - 9 months ago