We’re committed to our people – we want you to succeed!
We offer rapid promotions for top performers – we promote from within.
You’ll see the results of your hard work in your paycheck. Work hard, earn good money. Work harder, earn great money!
Compensation includes base pay, sales commission, and bonus potential.
Our store environment is unique
We offer excellent benefits
Responsibilities of Manager in Training Includes:
- Meet and exceed sales goals and standards of performance
- Direct and motivate employees to attain personal sales goals weekly
- Hold staff accountable for meeting sales goals
- Provide a fun, full-service shopping experience to customers
- Stay informed of current fashion trends
- Assist Store Manager in recruiting, training, and developing a successful sales team
- Evaluate the training needs of store employees and communicate those to the Store Manager
- Recognize talented staff and help develop them for growth within the company
- Evaluate staffing levels to maintain maximum productivity and sales effectiveness
- Assist Store Manager with weekly staffing schedules
- Help ensure that employee time is effectively and efficiently used
- Manage all aspects of store operations in Store Manager’s absence
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Follow all Loss Prevention practices and protect company assets
- Perform all operational procedures accurately, in accordance with Operations Policies
- Organize stock room according to Operations Policy Manual
- Maintain store appearance
- Lead and direct the store crew in Store Manager’s absence
- Provide feedback and coaching to all employees
- Supervise the daily operations of the store in Store Manager’s absence
- Identify and report unacceptable work performance and disciplinary problems to Store Manager
- Resolve customer issues effectively
- Understand the Journeys culture and demonstrate it to the team
Manager in Training
Requirements for Manager in Training:
- Prior experience in a management or supervisory role
- 6 – 12 months retail sales experience
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Desire to succeed in fast-paced retail environment
- Ability to work 45 hours per week, including night and weekend shifts
Genesco's sole concern is nicely capped off, to boot (so to speak). It sells casual and dress footwear, headwear, and sports...