Manage the process flow associated with the repair of the company’s off-wing aircraft components and sub-assemblies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Manage the process flow associated with the overhaul maintenance of the company’s off-wing aircraft parts and sub-assemblies
- Develop and maintain an interface, externally, with component maintenance vendors and, internally, with the Materials Management, Maintenance & Engineering, IT, and Accounting Departments
- Monitor the factors that influence repair cycle times and intercede, as necessary
- Assure that the company is efficiently conducting its business
- Manage and enhance the company’s aircraft parts repair programs
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Hire, train, develop, monitor, and manage repair coordinators
- Provide clear, consistent communication
- Act as the primary interface with parts repair vendors
- Coordinate activities with the Managers of Purchasing and Material Planning.
- Provide concise, cogent presentations to senior management, upon request
- Assure that the use of the company’s computer systems for repair transactions and reporting is accurate and effective
- Recommend changes to computer systems when required
- Develop and implement methods to measure vendor performance and make changes in vendor assignments to optimize performance
- Develop and implement programs to assure optimum utilization of vendor warranties
- Analyze potential for in-house repair capability and make appropriate recommendations to senior management
- Identify repair program performance gaps, determine causal factors, and develop and implement effective solutions that extract value for the company
- Financially and statistically analyze components, repair programs and vendor performance
- Identify operational trends and cost drivers, measure quality, and calculate yield
- Develop relevant financial and operational information for executive decision-making
- Develop and use a repair vendor scorecard and develop methodology to make changes in vendor assignments to optimize performance
- Monitor cycle times, warranty issues, responsiveness, etc. Identify performance gaps, determine causal factors, and develop and implement effective solutions that extract value for the company
SUPERVISES : Repair Coordinators/Analysts
This position requires constant communication with assigned vendors. Internal to the department, the position interacts with the Purchasing, Material Planning Analysis functions. Cross-department communication is primarily with Maintenance & Engineering, IT, and Accounting.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS :
- Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
Bachelor’s degree minimum; Masters desired.
Supervisory role and process optimization experience desired
Strong intellect and aptitude along with ability to manage multiple and varied activities. Good leadership and people management skills, effective communication skills, and an ability to prioritize and effectively problem solve
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
Occasional travel required
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION STATEMENT :
Allegiant Travel Company commits to making a reasonable accommodation to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified veterans, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the conduct of its business. In determining the extent of its obligation, Allegiant Travel Company will consider business necessity and financial costs and expenses, among other factors.