Review, draft, and negotiate reinsurance contracts and related documents for the MHNA business units in a timely and high quality manner;
Manage all aspects of contract oversight and support, including creating and maintaining databases: for contract templates, executed contracts, and deviations from Munich Re underwriting policies;
Ensure MHNA business units are compliant with Munich Re underwriting and procedural guidelines;
Support MHNA business units by securing approval from corporate centers for deviations from underwriting guidelines;
Act as liaison with Munich Re corporate centers in Princeton and Munich, Germany;
Develop and maintain quality assurance policies and procedures for MHNA;
Perform procedural audits and reviews of Munich Health business units;
Assist Head of Regional Services to ensure that MHNA business units remain compliant with applicable laws and regulations.
- *This position will not manage staff.
- Five plus years of experience reviewing, drafting and/or negotiating reinsurance contracts.
- Self-starter, conscientious and a team player.
- Ability to lead, manage, and multi-task a variety of projects from start to finish.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse, international environment.
- Three plus years of underwriting experience is a plus.
- Health insurance experience is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, which include excellent written and oral communication abilities.
- College degree or equivalent industry experience.