Manage workflow and coordinate the processing of gift and biographic data within the Ithaca College alumni and development system (Advance). Monitor data integrity, maintain required documentation and make sure all policies and procedures are documented and up to date. Ensure the timely and accurate processing of complex and significant gift agreements and pledges, and the proper maintenance of required documentation. Maintain gift and pledge records in accordance with CASE and College policies and procedures. Work with the Office of Financial Services to ensure conformity to College auditing and accounting procedures. Serve as primary contact for questions related to gifts and pledges. Maintain confidentiality of database records in accordance with College policies.
This position reports to the Director of Advancement Services and provides guidance, direction and supervision to three information processing specialists and to temporary and student assistants as appropriate.
1. Oversee the processing of gift and biographic data, coordinate data entry workflow and resolve workflow concerns. Ensure that all data policies and procedures are adhered to. Serve as the primary resource for questions related to gift and biographical data. Resolve problems as they arise.
2. Perform routine data entry tasks, assisting during high-volume periods, vacancies, and high-priority projects.
3. Monitor and reconcile Institutional Advancement data with other sources and systems, including credit card processors, brokers, financial services, student system, admissions, phonathon, and matching gifts. Act as primary liaison with system owners.
4. Work closely with trainer and documentation specialist to ensure that all data policies and procedures are documented.
5. Monitor and report on data and system usage, including standard daily and monthly reports.
6. Proactively monitor all biographical data focusing on continually optimizing the ability to contact our constituents.
7. Ensure that gift and pledge records are entered and maintained in the Institutional Advancement database ( ADVANCE ) in accordance with College and CASE guidelines. Work with prospect managers, donor relations staff, and others as necessary to prepare documentation for the donor and the institution in order to properly record and acknowledge the gifts and commitments.
8. Responsible for processing complex and significant gifts, including gift commitments and gifts of cash, checks, stock, and gifts-in-kind. Enter pledge transactions to include multi-year commitments, deferred/planned gift arrangements, annual pledges, and phonathon pledges.
9. Ensure proper documentation for gift allocations, commitments, pledges, gifts and bequests are maintained. Follow established gift crediting guidelines and give proper credit to priorities and donors. Match donor intent to appropriate gift account using documentation available. Research background information in preparation for gift or pledge entry to ensure proper crediting, which may include direct contact with donors, financial institutions and senior staff.
10. Review all gift and pledge batches after processing to verify accuracy and documentation. Ensure data integrity by verifying accuracy of gift and pledge transactions, and ensure gift transaction record modifications are accurate and properly documented. Resolve gift accounting and processing issues.
11. Serve as primary liaison with the Office of Financial Services to include review of daily balance sheets for each gift batch, all reconciliation activities, and the establishment of new gift accounts. Ensure conformity of gift records to College auditing and accounting procedures. Provide requested documentation to external auditors following fiscal year-end.
12. In collaboration with prospect managers, prepare pledge reminders for non-phonathon pledges.
13. Assist staff who need to analyze historical giving records, including assisting with preparation of individual giving histories and confidential giving reports for major gift prospects and members of the Board of Trustees.
14. Working with the research and campaign planning staff, ensure that prospect, proposal, and gift records are current and support accurate compilation of gift pyramids and other metrics established by Institutional Advancement.
15. Follow necessary security measures to ensure the confidentiality and privacy of donor financial information. Perform proper cash handling procedures to include the deposit of all checks and transmittal of stock certificates.
Position/Job Responsibilities continued
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years data management experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience; detail oriented, excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills; ability to handle confidential information, establish priorities and meet deadlines, in-depth knowledge of various word processing, database, spreadsheet software applications and data retrieval tools are required. Previous gift and data management experience in a higher education setting preferred.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants should apply on-line at apply.icjobs.org and attach a cover letter, resume, and a list containing the contact information for at least three professional references. Questions about the online application process should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at 607-274-8000. Screening of applicants will begin immediately.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Ithaca College - 17 months ago