Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, this senior level leadership position is responsible for planning, creating, budgeting, managing and tracking a wide range of training and development initiatives for the Aviation Authority. The Manager will work closely with the Executive and Leadership teams to determine current training gaps and future training needs; conduct new employee orientation for the organization; identify and implement training programs for employees; develop employee initiatives for training, leadership, growth and development; ensure employee participation in all initiatives, timely and accurate maintenance of all employee-related activities, accomplishments and training completed, and submits reports on the same; provide inputs for improving the effectiveness of processes and policies on talent management; and establish goals and parameters to help the Aviation Authority be considered a best place to work.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
1. Manages and implements the agency’s internal training programs for employee development, ensures proper tracking of successful employee training programs completed
2. Develops and implements supervisory training
3. Develops and implements leadership training
4. Responsible for Leadership Team retreats and team – building exercises
5. Responsible for identifying internal candidates for Six Sigma training and ensuring that training is completed
6. Responsible for Executive team development and retreats
7. Responsible for development program for top performers
8. Ensures internal customer service and satisfaction through planning and effective implementation of varied motivational and employee training
9. Consistently innovates programs aimed at promoting employee engagement and retention and strengthen a culture of pride
10. Conducts Focus Group Discussions and floor walks across the Agency for the purpose of determining employee issues in the various groups and developing recommendation to address those issues
11. Actively represents Human Resources in all employee forums; organizes, and documents Company and team meetings/events
12. Responsible for creating and managing the Authority’s Training & Development budget
13. Develops Request for Proposals and manages contracted services
14. Performs other duties as may be assigned
Works with Director of Human Resources in planning and developing overall employee engagement strategy and manages related programs and work-life balance initiatives
Partners with Functional Heads and employees across the organization for a meaningful understanding of their requirements; and effective delivery of these. Deals with ambiguity, works in a team environment, recognizes trends, and identifies systematic approaches to solving problems in a challenging environment.
Customer Service Orientation:
Desires to help and serve others to facilitate an environment of openness and employee advocacy. Also acts as an objective resource and escalation path for unresolved employee relation issues.
Prepares quarterly budget proposal for communication activities and monitors expenditures to ensure commitment to earmarked funds.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial Psychology, Organizational Development, Behavioral Science, Business Administration or related field; and ten plus years of work experience in human resource management functions, particularly in Employee Engagement and Training Ability to generate enthusiasm among employees and teams.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
Efficiency in organizing, leading, and coordinating activities/events; creativity and innovation; Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Demonstrated MS Application knowledge: Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE : Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement (DD-214) to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
NOTE : Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
Application Screening (Civil Service Office)
Performance Exam, if required (Civil Service Office)
Written Exam, if required (Civil Service Office)
Establish List (Civil Service Office)
Department Selection Interviews (Hiring Agency)
Background Investigation (Hiring Agency)
Job Offer (Hiring Agency)
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review Hillsborough County driving eligibility criteria and acknowledge their understanding of its provisions.
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
SPECIAL NOTE: All selected applicants for employment at Hillsborough County Aviation Authority must successfully pass a fingerprint FBI criminal history check in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulation, Part 107.209.
EXAMINATION: Applicants must take and successfully pass a Data Entry skills test, as well as a written multiple choice exam in order to be placed on the eligibility list for this recruitment.