Dignity Health |
, the nation's fifth largest health system, is currently looking for a Manager, Revenue Services Project Management
to join their corporate team. The Manager, Revenue Services Project
Management (PM) will be responsible for managing projects and support
initiatives for projects throughout Revenue Services. The Project
Manager creates and executes project work plans and revises as
appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements of the organization.
The Project Manager will directly interface with Revenue Services’
internal customers at the Manager, Director, Senior Director, and Vice
President Levels. The primary responsibilities of this position will be
to manage, lead and support the various projects as identified across
the hospitals and CBOs in all areas of the revenue cycle. Projects will
include process and procedure redesign, standardization and
improvements, system implementations.
Health is committed to furthering the healing ministry of Jesus.
Resources are dedicated to: delivering compassionate, high-quality,
affordable health services; serving and advocating for our sisters and
brothers who are poor and disenfranchised; and collaborating with others
in the community to improve the quality of life.
Assignments and oversight for the position will come from the department VP and the department Director.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information and operational improvements to leadership.
Revenue Services in managing communication efforts to business offices,
Centralized Business Offices and other corporate departments as well as
advising them of process improvements along the revenue cycle.
with facility and corporate leadership to implement policies,
procedures and systems as well as gather and disseminate information
internal relationships at the corporate and facility level to gain
support and participation in initiatives including Chief Financial
Officers, PFS Directors, Managed Care, Decision Support and other
Corporate and Facility Departments.
with facility and corporate leadership to implement policies,
procedures and systems and to gather and disseminate information
structure for project management of process and procedure redesign,
standardization and improvements, system implementations.
- Track changes, prioritizes issues, and manages process to guide remediation.
- Executes vision of Program Leadership and the Dignity Health Project Leader for the project work effort.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Manages project budget.
- Ensures quality control for all projects.
- Manages multiple medium or large, complex, capital and non-capital Revenue Services projects simultaneously.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Effectively applies methodology and enforces project standards.
- Manages project-related risks and issues.
a defined project management methodology, accountable for the detailed
planning of steps and resources needed to meet objectives.
- Monitors and prepares reports to ensure work is progressing to meet the deliverables on time and on or under budget.
- Provides leadership to project teams.
Business Process Management
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
leadership and management overseeing, identifying, developing and
implementing tools, automation, reports and educational materials to
support the interaction between the facilities, Revenue Services, and
other Corporate Departments. Help coordinate specific data needs and
requests from and between the above-mentioned departments and facilities
with all facilities, corporate leadership, external vendors and other
corporate departments to implement, and document policies, procedures,
systems and reports
- Perform financial and
procedural analysis to identify trends and problems and work with the
department and facility management to assist in the implementation of
solutions in all aspects of the revenue cycle.
analysis capabilities, information and tools to operations to enhance
skills in detecting both current and future performance issues
- Solves conflicts and issues in a timely manner, escalating to Director as appropriate.
- Provides leadership to multi-disciplinary teams, as well as manages work of outside consultants.
other duties or projects as may be necessary to effectively complete
the duties of the position or as assigned by the Director from time to
- Ability to interact with numerous facilities and facility departments
- Ability to manage large and small team; both direct and indirect reports
- Must possess proven strong project management and problem solving skills
- Strong accounting foundation and familiarity Revenue Cycle relationship with a financial statements
- Familiarity with management reporting, metrics and goal setting
- Ability to work independently, achieve tight deadlines and take initiative on multiple projects
- Requires proficiency with Excel, Word and database tools such as Microsoft Access, and Visio
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building-skills
- Proven abilities in problem management, process analysis and root cause analysis.
- Identification with and support of the Mission and Values of Dignity Health and its Sponsors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a complex and matrixed team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule and meet deadlines.
- A passionate desire to grow, learn and advance.
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
- Possess quality presentation skills and experience in presenting complex plans and designs to executive-level management.
- Intimate knowledge of processes surrounding healthcare revenue services a plus.
least 5 years Financial Analysis and/or consulting within Healthcare
Industry. Though having at least 2 years of Revenue Services
- or at least 7 years project management experience are highly desirable
- PMI certification not required for this specific role.
- Project management experience in health care highly desirable
management experience in Revenue Services (billing, collections, cash
posting, customer service, vendor relations, etc) preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience, though a Master
's Degree is highly desirable Some travel is required
For further information, or to apply online, please visit: www.dignityhealth.org/careers
Dignity Health is an EEO/AA employer
About Dignity Health
Dignity Health, headquartered in San Francisco, Calif., provides integrated, patient and family centered care. It is the fifth largest health system in the country with 10,000 physicians and 55,000 employees across Arizona, California, and Nevada. Through its network of more than 150 ancillary care sites and 40 acute care hospitals, Dignity Health is committed to delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable health care services with special attention to the poor and underserved. In 2011, Dignity Health provided $1.4 billion in charity care, community benefit and unreimbursed patient care. For more information, please visit our website at www.dignityhealth.org. Dignity Health is also on Facebook and Twitter.
With a growing network of hospitals throughout Arizona, California and Nevada, Dignity Health offers a spectacular array of career...