This is a highly responsible leadership position that provides the link between all divisions under the Department of Family and Aging, the Department Director and the community, and assists with coordinating the daily operations of each division and facilitates the programmatic integration of services across divisions.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Manages the Family & Aging Services Director’s office; Attends board and advisory council meetings; Implements internal policies and procedures and builds lasting community partnerships.
- Provides analysis of multiple data reporting sources and makes recommendations; Writes and implements administrative policies and procedures; Works with the County Attorney’s office and other support departments; Assists the Director in managing the department’s budget; Resolves complex customer service issues, and oversees special projects.
- Facilitates programmatic integration across divisions, designing and implementing standard operating procedures for like programs and/or functions throughout the Department, and stewarding the development and presentation of measurable performance outcomes in partnership with leadership and various boards and community action groups.
- Coordinates development, monitoring and management of the department’s overall operational budget; Monitors trending of operational funding and interfaces with Fiscal and Support Services regarding reporting and analysis.
- Oversees contract development, effective implementation, monitoring compliance, and evaluation.
- Coordinates partnerships on cross-departmental initiatives with partners or desired partners, i.e., Metroplitan Ministries, Children's Board, YMCA, West Central Florida Area Agency on Aging, University of South Florida, Hillsborough Community Coolege, Homeless Coalition, Hillsborough County School System, neighboring Counties and multiple County departments.
- Oversees, monitors, reviews and provides guidance on departmental project/assignments to ensure accurate and timely completions of scheduled assignments, i.e., business, strategic, and marketing plans and monthly divisional status reports.
- Coordinates with department's divisions, County departments, and external agencies/goverments to ensure efficient flow of communications and services; interprets, explains and ensures compliance with County requirments, regulation and procedures. Assists the Director in meeting obligations to the Department's boards, councils, and community agencies.
- Oversees and participates in assigned departmental marketing activities in coordination with the Communications team including community outreach, planning, analysis and public speaking.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
- Extensive knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to identify and analyze complex problems that often involve collaboration and logical reasoning in order to find a solution.
- Ability to effectively gather accurate information in order to make reasonable conclusions, and a high degree of analytical ability to solve intricate, sensitive or technically complex problems.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment guided by general direction in order to research and communicate various issues and concerns.
- Ability to think at a high level to analyze issues and trends, and to provide effective findings and assessments in support of various organizational objectives.
- Ability and willingness to meet with high level County directors, executives and BOCC members and staff.
- Ability to use considerable tact, discretion, and persuasion to gain the cooperation of others and to preserve a successful working relationship.
- Ability to coordinate interdepartmental strategic planning in collaboration with division directors.
- Ability to influence positive change.
- Ability to clearly communicate the organizational vision and connect each division to work towards a common mission.
- Ability to motivate and gain cooperation from a diverse constituency with a broad portfolio of program interests.
Bachelor’s degree; and
Seven years of management, supervision, or high-level project management experience.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE : Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement (DD-214) to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
NOTE : Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
A N E Q U A L O P P O R T U N I T Y E M P L O Y E R
Note: Candidates for this unclassified recruitment are required to complete an online employment application and supplemental questionnaire. At the end of the supplemental questionnaire, space will be provided to include your resume.
Hillsborough County, FL - 19 months ago