- Achieve maintenance objectives through effective execution of strategies & tactics (OSTs).
- Manage hourly maintenance staff within a union environment.
- Responsible for all maintenance, facility (security, infrastructure - including IT), services, & associated contracts.
- Manage & instruct others on CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System), Incl Work Orders, Downtime, Spare parts, PM, Supply base.
- Maintain EMS (Environmental Management System) to minimize non-conformances and achieve zero notices of violations (NOVs).
- Initiate and carry out projects to improve process reliability & efficiency.
- Reduce costs through improved efficiencies and spend reduction.
- Develop, monitor, & manage departmental budgets.
- Communicate & coordinates activities with other operations departments.
- Insure assigned Corrective & Preventive Actions (CPA) actions are effectively completed in a timely manner.
- Continually improve service levels to internal customers.
- Maintain cleanliness & organization of equipments, parts, and working areas.
- Develop std work & improve process through PDCA approach w/MOE
- Facilitate and mentor the troubleshooting and project management of complex issues.
- Maintain equipment documentation & drive standardization where appropriate. Develop & maintain contingency plans.
- Implement preventive maintenance, spare parts, & lean initiatives (OEE)
- Provide expertise & directly participate in troubleshooting of electrical mechanical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic problems.
- Provide training, instruction, & development of maintenance staff.
- Develop relationships with key suppliers of equipment, parts, & services.
- Comply with established standards and procedures.
Related Bachelor's Degree/trade school in electrical education or equivalent
Experience in ISO9001 & ISO14001 or process driven environment
- Five years plus work experience in maintenance leadership/management position in union environment.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex problems.
- Knowledgeable of electro-mechanical components. PLC exp. a plus.
- Must be computer literate. Able to operate MS Office Suite. CAD a Plus.
- Strong knowledge of facility and manufacturing machine operations - specifically pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical and electrical understanding.
- Ability to read and follow all specifications and procedures (comprehend mechanical and electrical blueprints and schematics).
- Results oriented with demonstrated ability to achieve goals.
- Project/priority management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Comfort in a dynamic environment with many competing priorities.
- Desire to standardize, continually improve, and reduce sources of variation.
- Strong environmental experience preferred.
- Experience working in union environment helpful.