MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING MANAGER
East Texas area
POSITION SUMMARY: Plans and manages technical documentation, specifications, and drawings to facilitate customer quotes, meet customer delivery requirements, and best utilize the company’s productive capacity. Supports U.S. and International locations.
- Manage all technical documentation for production including, but not limited to, production routings, in process drawings and models, tooling specifications, fixture designs and layouts, and machine programs.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating the tool crib function including inventory management, tool presetting, new tool development, and fixture maintenance.
- Responsible for productivity improvement projects including, but not limited to, tool testing, prototype part production, cycle optimization, and Lean Manufacturing projects.
- Manage customer quote requests and interfaces with Sales to resolve estimating issues.
- Assist in developing and submitting, capital budget for the facility in accordance with the strategic goals set by management.
- Responsible for implementing capital projects in accordance with the capital budget for the facility including all aspects required from appropriation approval and justification to release for production. This is to encompass all required initial tooling, operator training, and maintenance requirements as well as all approvals from Quality and HSE for all new installations.
- Assist in facility layouts and physical arrangements to meet the strategic goals of the organization including utility requirements, operator aids, and material handling equipment.
- Manage the Maintenance and Programming function for the facility and interfaces with outside service providers to ensure machine availability.
- 4 year degree in an Engineering discipline from an ABET accredited institution required, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering preferred. Master’s degree in Business or Engineering from an ABET accredited institution preferred. 3+ years of experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role within a manufacturing environment required.
- Certification in Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma is required. Prior experience supporting multiple domestic and international locations is a plus.
- Experience with capital budgets, MRP/ ERP systems, manufacturing process/practices and MS Office applications required. Advanced aptitude in SolidWorks, MasterCam, and G-Code programming desired.