complete units or subassemblies. Product is often non-repetitive and/or of customer specific design and often utilizes standard (rough) documentation and/or verbal instructions.
- May be required to fabricate, assemble, machine, weld, and/or fit together parts to form
- Analyzes processes in respective area and recommend, implement improvements in quality and productivity.
- Works from schematics, blueprints and verbal instruction.
- Directs projects or leads task teams.
- May be required to work in complex work cells, and train employees within field of expertise.
- May use sampling, testing and measuring techniques, and perform quantitative and qualitative analyses to determine air, land, or water pollution levels.
- May assist in the installation and set-up of instruments and equipment.
- May operate electronic equipment and conduct sampling with the current line of instrumentation.
- May periodically inspect equipment and perform routine preventive maintenance work.
- May maintain records pertinent to special sampling projects performed in conjunction with governmental agencies and private institutions.
Military technical training, vocational or equivalent on-the-job training is required. Requires a minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience in their respective field of expertise. Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, bills of materials, schematics (electrical and hydraulic), QAPs and functional specifications. Requires a masterly knowledge of one or more assembly/welding and/or fabrication techniques, tools, test equipment, materials, machines and product. working knowledge of the manufacturing systems and procedures, including but not specifically limited to: MRP, JP, scrap/rework, deviations, shop floor control, ECR/ECN.
Effective communications skills, orally and in writing, to audiences comprised of wide skill levels. Ability to assess/define problems, collect facts, recommend/implement solutions and follow through to insure success/completion of tasks. High initiative, self -starter, work with minimum supervision utilizing personal skills, experience, initiative and judgment to determine and implement required course of action.
Ability to take conceptual information/models and transfer to project implementation. Must understand company operation and procedures.
Business at The Raymond Corporation is picking up, literally. The company manufactures electric material-handling equipment, including fork...