Market Kitchen Chef|
The Market Kitchen Captain assumes primary responsibility for the kitchen food production, quality and consistency.
- Support with all departmental functions.
- Keeping a motivated, happy, work environment for all ambassadors
- Coordinate with bread pastry ambassadors
- Plan production menu with Culinary Contessa
- Assume primary responsibility for Kitchen food production according to recipes.
- Guides Cooks in preparation of daily prep lists and job assignments. Ensure Kitchen ambassadors are following up to date and accurate recipes.
- Immediate supervision of kitchen ambassadors and Production workers.
- Ensure department orders for supplies and products are timely and accurate.
- Keep all coolers and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly rotated.
- Follow established food safety, cleaning and maintenance procedures.
- Basic knowledge of HACCP procedures.
- Be aware of new products and recipes that become available.
- Analyze and control product transfers, waste and spoilage.
- Know and practice proper lifting techniques and safe use of all tools and equipment.
- Practice proper care and maintenance of all equipment.
- Report safety violations and hazards immediately; maintain department security.
- Know product availability, preparation, storage and nutritional aspects.
- Keep department leadership informed of all events that affect the Kitchen.
- Ensure that product mix meets varied customer dietary needs and requests.
- Have a good understanding of department financials and labor budgets.
- Accept and process product from Receiver.
- Document product transfers, waste and spoilage using appropriate forms.
- Ensure the quality, palatability and presentation of all in-house production.
- Maintain high productivity levels.
- Assist Chef with inventory, margin analysis and cost control.
- Work with all production kitchen ambassadors to minimize waste.
- Perform ambassador duties as required to run the department.
- Regular attendance is essential.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Market Mystic Culinary Contessa
- Oversee coffee ambassadors, growlers, deli charcuterie ambassador
- Ordering / receiving
- Monthly Inventory
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Can lift a minimum of 15 up to 40 pounds.
- Able to meet physical job requirements.
- Must have a passion for natural foods.
- Able to communicate effectively with others and convey enthusiasm.
- Possess some customer service experience.
- Must be self-motivated and solution-oriented.
- Is available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
- Desire to learn all aspects of the market
- Must have a current Serv-Safe certificate.
- Some reaching above and below shoulder height.
- Some exposure to dust, fumes and chemicals.
- Repetitive use of hands and fine manipulation.
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies.
- Exposure to continuous background and occasional loud noises.
- Any item over 40 pounds requires a team lift.
Physical: Standing and/or walking for prolonged periods of time (up to 10 hours); bending, stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting at waist. Ability to lift 40 pounds.
Downtown Project - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard -
We are a group of passionate people committed to helping to transform Downtown Las Vegas into the most community-focused large city in the...