Guest Service Requirement
Our philosophy at Ameristar Casinos is to proudly deliver a quality customer experience in a fun and friendly atmosphere, while working together to provide our team members with personal and professional growth opportunities. Because of this philosophy, it is critical that all team members understand the importance of excellent guest service. All of our positions, whether corporate, back of house, management, or front of house require a friendly personality and a willingness to interact and provide fun, professional and friendly guest service. Guests are not our only customers; fellow team members are our internal customers as well. By joining the Ameristar team, you are committing yourself to these values and acknowledging your dedication to providing excellent guest service for our guests and our internal team, at all times.
Safety is a core value at Ameristar Casinos. The ability to work safely and prevent personal injury is a key job requirement of every position. Each Team Member is also expected to be committed to the safety of fellow Team Members and our guests and demonstrate that commitment through daily actions.
Must be an outgoing individual who can serve as an Ambassador on behalf of Ameristar Company to all guests.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes the Star Awards program in an enthusiastic manner.
- Promotes and execute any guest service initiatives.
- Opens or closes Star Club lounge in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Completes end of shift pass down.
- Places, accepts, and screens telephone calls and refers calls to others, as appropriate.
- Must have the ability to operate computers and printer equipment.
- Create new or reissue existing Star Award card or companion cards as needed.
- Promotes Hosts special events or promotions
- Assists guests and hosts utilizing CMS, LMS, and Microsoft Outlook programs.
- Swipes in qualifying Star Awards member’s card, giving them access to the lounge
- Provides Leadership Team with actionable recommendations on how to improve operating performance of Marketing as well as how to improve customer service levels at the Star Club.
- Builds partnerships with other key operating and marketing areas to ensure the seamless transfer of information and the seamless sharing of ideas that could be deployed to improve performance levels and/or customer service levels.
- Presents oneself as a credit to Ameristar and encourages others to do the same.
- Adheres to all company, state, and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Supports and executes all department customer service initiatives.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Must be open to coaching
- Able to handle dissatisfied guest in a professional manner and direct guest to the appropriate person or department.
- Able to work independently,
- Stocks and maintain a clean work area.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication and typing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook
- Excellent problem solving.
Required Natural Behaviors
- Ability to sustain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task.
Required Education and Work Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of one (1) year of secretarial experience preferred.
Ameristar Casinos - 16 months ago