WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS
Western Kentucky University, Department of Educational Telecommunications, is seeking applicants for a Marketing Coordinator. This is a full-time position reporting to the Assistant Director of Development. Anticipated start date is August 1, 2013.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are customary for this position, but are not to be construed as all-inclusive. Duties may be added, deleted, and assigned based on management discretion and institutional needs.
- Responsible for building awareness of WKYU-TV/FM, including planning, implementation, and management of a wide range of special events, TV screenings, and fund-raising activities
- Works in collaboration with external partners and staff to develop innovative events and activities that support the organizations mission and fund-raising goals
- Identifies, develops, implements, and manages special event programs to achieve fund raising objectives
- Develops strategic, financial, and operational goals annually and for each event
- Develops, analyzes, and maintains event budgets that comply with expense to revenue ratio guidelines; make appropriate revisions as necessary
- Oversees on-site event production elements including site visits, space contracts, and event space bookings, arrange food and beverage, order supplies, audiovisual equipment, event signage, and ensure appropriate décor (e.g. florals, linens, color schemes, etc.) to meet the quality expectations of the event
- Establishes a volunteer recruitment plan to assure adequate volunteer resources for all event activities; cultivates, trains, and manages volunteer staff to assist at events
- Creates and implements community outreach plans to build awareness of events; identifies, solicits, and cultivates individual donors and businesses/corporations to secure monetary and in-kind sponsorships and donations as appropriate to the event; ensures the fulfillment of all sponsorship benefits
- Responsible for all creative and logistical aspects of the event to ensure efficiencies and deadlines; ensures delivery and distribution of all promotional materials supporting the event, including fliers, invitations, and e-communications
- Responsible for building awareness of WKYU-TV/FM within the respective broadcast areas
- Develops, maintains and manages vendor relationships
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with two years of proven results in marketing and/or special event planning/management
- Ability to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision
- Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading, and speaking
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments for a variety of staff and volunteers
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone with high professionalism
- High level of computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office products, spreadsheet development, and analysis
Salary Grade: 108 Expected Salary Range: $34,873-$46,719 annually
Applications for employment will be accepted electronically only. Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, current resume, and names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three professional references using the online application process. Please refer to the following website to apply:
. For further assistance call (270) 745-5934. Please reference requisition number S3681. For full consideration, submit application materials on or before July 8, 2013. Position will remain open until filled.
Western Kentucky University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, or marital status in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Persons with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and/or selection process, should notify The Office of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/University ADA Services at (270) 745- 5121, a minimum of five working days in advance.
- 2 years ago - save job