The center Marketing Manager is responsible for the management of marketing programs and initiatives that are developed to drive sales/traffic and NOI growth, under the direction of the Marketing Director and General Manager. The center Marketing Manager serves as a key support partner for all center marketing activities.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
QUALIFICATIONS include the following:
- Strategic Planning/Execution - Works with entire mall team to develop long-term vision at center in relation to its competitive marketplace. Manages the development of center's annual marketing plan in support of property business plan goals. Responsible for managing all marketing plan programs/elements including the localization of national programming as appropriate under the direction of the Marketing Director and General Manager.
- Customer Service - Strives to improve and build upon overall customer service and amenities. Manages Westfield's Customer Service initiatives and employee based incentive/rewards programs as well as other customer service satisfaction measurement programs for the center. Works in conjunction with the General Manger or Marketing Director to oversee and supervise the Customer Service Ambassadors while supporting national WOW Customer Service program evolution and local adaptation.
- The Westfield Brand - Protects and builds the Westfield brand by supporting and ensuring adherence to brand guidelines set forth by the Westfield Brand Studio. Supports brand evolution projects as communicated by corporate marketing.
- Revenue Generation/Sponsorship - Maximizes non-traditional revenue through the execution of appropriate income-generating events, promotions and activities including gift card sales initiatives. In addition, drives the effort for obtaining local sponsorships for mall revenues, programs and events.
- Retailer Relations and Sales Production - Responsible for establishing effective business relationships with the retailers on a local level in order to maximize the sales productivity and success of the events in the mall.
- Research/Results Measurement - Coordinates and Manages research activity for center (customer studies, trade area demographics, customized research initiatives) and effectively utilize research information in the development and execution of center's business and marketing plans. Develops appropriate measurement tools to monitor the effectiveness and overall success of various marketing efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of prior marketing or retail experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; plus interpersonal and selling skills required.
- Thorough knowledge of the operations of a shopping center.
- Ability to communicate effectively with tenants, vendors, employees and managers.
- Ability to develop strategic solutions required.
- Knowledge of marketing fundamentals and research.
- Must be able to cope with shifting priorities, difficult situations and deadlines.
- Strong team player.
- Must be proficient on basic Microsoft Office platform/Internet.
- Must possess the ability to manage budgets and have solid accounting skills.
- Must be a strategic and analytical thinker.
- Must be flexible and able to work events and manage on duty shifts, which may include nights, weekends and holidays.
Jan 25, 2013, 3:09:51 PM
Feb 2, 2013, 2:59:59 AM
Westfield Corporation - 20 months ago
Mallrats nationwide can get their fix thanks to Macerich. The self-administered real estate investment trust (REIT) acquires, develops, and...