LMFT, LCSW or MFT/CSW intern required plus (2) years direct service experience with children 0 – 18 years of age.
1. Familiarity with DMH Paperwork, DCFS, and MAT process required.
2. Experience with ages 0-5 required.
3. Assessment experience with children and adolescents required.
License or Certification
Valid California Driver's License and automobile insurance required.
1. Bilingual Spanish/English highly preferred
2. Ability to interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with children 0 -18 years of age and their families, as well as staff, physicians and the public.
This position has primary responsibility for completing MAT assessments for children newly placed in foster care by DCFS. Children will be assessed in several domains in order to determine the best course of action to assure success in the goals set forth by the families, DCFS and as set by court order. Assessor acts as liaison with external agencies on behalf of the services needed for the client. Assessor documents services, bills for mental health services when appropriate, and completes tracking and outcomes information and reports. Responsible to complete a Summary of Findings report and present to DCFS and family. Responsible to accurately document, report and follow-up on assessment findings. Linkage to needed services is essential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Initiates timely contact and engagement with clients and families to convene Initial Assessments on clients assigned
2. Convenes and coordinates specialized DCFS Assessments.
3. Completes all DCFS case documentation within deadlines set by DCFS on clients assigned
4. Provides case management on clients assigned to assure linkage to needed services.
5. Participates as the mental health advocate for the family in all meetings with DCFS and court personnel.
STARS Behavioral Health Group - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard -