General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity at our Palmdale flight test facility as a Material Control Coordinator II.
Under general supervision with detailed instruction on new assignments, this position is responsible for performing manual and clerical duties involved in coordinating incoming materials through inspection, stockroom and production. Following established practices and procedures, performs a combination of tasks which may include loading and unloading, counting, weighing, and conveying materials, recording information and tracking, logging and verifying orders from numerous sources and departments. Coordinates outbound shipment of products. Works closely with planners and expeditors to assist with work orders, schedules, follow-up, non-conformance reworks and returns to ensure parts are delivered in a timely manner. Fills orders and issues parts from stock. Requisitions stock and prepares stock use reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews and monitors inventory and work orders. Ensures traceability of material and/or parts.
- Coordinates with various departments to support department materials requirements.
- Monitors and restocks inventory levels housed on shop floor to ensure appropriate levels.
- Updates daily movement of parts providing information to appropriate personnel regarding back order of critical scheduled material.
- Delivers materials as required for designated production areas.
- Reviews material requisitions issued to the stockroom to ensure material is properly allocated.
- Conducts physical inventory counts. Identifies, reports, and investigates inventory shortages, overages or discrepancies on the shop floor.
- Examines items received. Verifies conformance to quality clauses and receiving procedures.
- Transfers vendor shipper paperwork upon receipt of goods or after appropriate approval of parts. Ensures damages or excess goods are processed through quality assurance and/or materials supervisor.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
General Atomics - 12 months ago
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of privately-held General Atomics, is a leading manufacturer of Unmanned...