Objective of Position: Responsible for the unloading, counting, receiving, and transferring of raw materials to and from storage as instructed and preparing all documentation.
1. Will unload, store, receive, label, and count all raw materials coming into the plant for the fabrication department.
2. Responsible for receiving, verifying, and processing of paperwork from purchase orders on a timely and accurate manner and will report any discrepancies to the Materials Team.
3. Prepare, send, and receive transfers of raw materials between warehouses and plants as needed by production.
4. Maintain and verify records, forms, and printouts to ensure inventory accuracy.
5. Will perform scheduled and periodic inventory counts and audits of all raw materials.
6. Will be able to accurately identify all types, sizes, and shapes of steel and aluminum.
7. Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
1. Has 3 years of related work experience
2. Is detail oriented to ensure accuracy of work performed
3. Assists in the training of new Steel Material Handlers.
4. Must be able read and to use measuring devices such as: micrometers, calipers, tape measures, and other tools proficiently and productively.
5. Must able to operate overhead cranes and jib cranes in a safe and efficient manner following and comply with all Trail King and OSHA requirements and to complete in-house training program.
6. Must be able to prioritize work tasks and work with little supervision.
7. Must have good written skills, math skills, and basic computer skills.
8. Must have good attendance and follow all safety procedures and regulations.
9. Must have a positive attitude, good work ethic, and ability to work and communicate with coworkers in all other departments.
10. Must be able to safely operate forklift or be able to learn how to operate this equipment and complete in-house industrial equipment training program and comply with all Trail King and OSHA requirements.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
1. Must be able to work up to a 12 hour shift.
2. Must be willing and flexible to fluctuate hours and skills to accommodate production needs.
3. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a repetitive basis.
4. Physically capable of meeting the requirements of the position
5. Practices 5S.
Trail King Industries Inc - 23 months ago