NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD
DIVISION OF MILITARY & NAVAL AFFAIRS (MNHF)
LATHAM, NY 12110-2224
SELECTION PROCESS WILL BE IAW DMNA 690-4, CHAPTER 6
POSITION TITLE AND NUMBER:
T12-312A, MATERIALS HANDLER, D1954000, WG-6907-06
174 FW, SYRACUSE, NY 13211
23 JUL 2012
22 AUG 2012
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED:
This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the New York Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
This position is located in the Air National Guard, Mission Support Group, Mission Support Group, Logistics Readiness Squadron, Materiel Management Flight, in the Asset Management Section.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION:
ALL MILITARY TECHNICIANS IN THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD, ALL MEMBERS OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD (INCLUDES AGR).
ENLISTED MEMBERS ONLY
New York Air National Guard membership is required
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Back to top
The primary purpose of this position is to carry out the complete warehousing operations relating to mobility assets to include providing management control, oversight, coordination, and implementation of the base Individual Protective Equipment, Airborne/Non-airborne Readiness Spares Packages, War Reserve Material, and Weapons programs and operations. This position facilitates the primary mission of managing base mobility assets to include the accountability, reporting, receiving, distributing, tracking and maintenance of critical mobility related material. Serves as technical advisor to the Wing Commander, staff, and base personnel regarding mobility assets.
Back to top
In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this MATERIAL HANDLER
position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience or training which demonstrates the ability to compare item identification against receiving reports and issue request forms; skill in using hand trucks, dollies, and other equipment to move stock; ability to use hammers, pliers, and other hand tools; and to follow oral and written instructions.
Experience or training in receiving, packaging, and preparation for shipment. Experience in compiling reports, overall warehouse planning, documentation requirements, and accepted warehousing methods, procedures and techniques. Experience in setting up and rotating storage locations considering factors such as life expectancy, available space, product turnover, etc.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Exercises a practical knowledge of a wide range of warehousing and supply principles, concepts, and methodologies involving general supply, storage, distribution, and inventory specialties to include a general knowledge of contracting and transportation practices.
2. Utilizes knowledge of established principles, concepts, and methods of environmental protection relating to hazardous materials; and skill in applying this knowledge to the effective management and control of the mobility assets.
3. Possesses and utilizes knowledge of the policies, work procedures, methods, data information, and requirements of mobility assets.
4. Uses knowledge and understanding of USAF standards, regulations, statutes, policies, and guidelines to assure compliance, safe working practices, prevention of damage to government property, and prevention of accidental injuries and mishaps.
5. Utilizes knowledge of a variety of automated systems such as the Standard Base Supply System (SBSS), MICAS, Base Contracting Automated System (BCAS), etc., to search, analyze, track and monitor mobility assets.
6. Ability to communicate is utilized in writing to prepare, compile, and research information for mobility assets as well as to communicate orally to conduct briefings, offer training, and lead group conferences or sessions.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Enlisted members only
Compatible Military Assignments:
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
DMNA FORM 108
Click this link for a copy of the form
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in
DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5
will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in
DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5,
qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
- If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants.
Back to top
Explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees at
Under 32 USC 709, Veterans Preference does NOT apply.
For a complete list of Job Vacancy Announcements available at the New York National Guard, please visit our website at
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on
Wednesday, August 22, 2012.
To begin the process. click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USA JOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the assessment questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process. Note: To return to a previously Saved or incomplete application you may use the following link:
. To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page
using the following Vacancy ID: 707531. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the assessment questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the assessment questionnaire
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documentation to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203 FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or supporting documentation to the New York National Guard Human Resource Office, you must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number listed on this announcement with the prescribed Cover Letter. The Human Resource Office can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
(Your resume MUST detail your length of general and specialized experience that pertains to the job you are applying for)
A complete Assessment Questionnaire
(Your assessment questionnaire MUST contain an email address)
DMNA FORM 108
- Click link for a copy of this required form*
are required if you are using education to qualify. An unofficial transcript is acceptable.
5. Other supporting documents may include: (not required)
Seperate document supporting KSA's.
Letters of Recommendation
Awards (military and/or technician)
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
New York National Guard
330 OLD NISKAYUNA ROAD
ATTN SANNING PINGITORE
Department of the Air Force - 16 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...