With general supervision, position receives lab/department supplies as ordered by the Purchasing Department and delivers to locations throughout the Institute on a daily basis. Exercises independent judgment in accordance with well established policies, procedures and techniques. Position consists of moderately difficult and responsible work requiring a moderate amount of focused training and a good working knowledge of the shipping and receiving function. |
A high school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience in a shipping and receiving or warehouse environment.
- Experience preparing shipments with appropriate packaging and labelling.
- Experience preparing shipment paperwork both by hand and via web-based applications (FedEx, UPS, etc.).
- Regular work schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30a.m-5:00p.m. or 8:00a.m.-4:30p.m. Must be flexible to work overtime or alternate hours as needed.
- Must have motor vehicle license Class C and a clean driving record. Will be required to drive Institute vehicle for deliveries. Must be able to operate an electric & manual pallet lift. Forklift operator certification preferred. If not certified, must be willing to obtain forklift operator training within twelve months of starting the position.
- Work environment is very high volume. Position handles perishable items in dry ice packages and items that could be corrosive, infectious, poisonous, flammable or toxic. Incumbent may be exposed to laboratory hazards while delivering items.
- Must be willing to submit to a post-offer physical and to a DMV driving record background check.
Position requires constant standing, bending, walking, reaching, seeing, adjusting focus, touching/feeling, keying, grasping, talking, hearing, handling, lifting 0-20 lbs., carrying 0-20 lbs., pushing 0-20 lbs., reading, calculating, and communicating.
Salk Institute for Biological Studies - 5 months ago