The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States and one of the nation's longest enduring institutions. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense.We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our Tennessee National Guard team and serve your nation, Tennessee and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
TENNESSEE AIR NATIONAL GUARD
POSITION LOCATION: Materiel Management Flight, Logistics Readiness Squadron, 164th AW, Memphis, TN
AREAS OF CONSIDERATION:
FIRST: Permanently employed Air Technicians in Memphis, TN
SECOND: Permanently employed Air Technicians Statewide
THIRD: Qualified members of the Tennessee Air National Guard
FOURTH: Applicants eligible for membership in the TN Air National Guard
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Enlisted
MILITARY COMPATIBILITY : 2SXXX
PD NUMBER: D1954000
PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION: NOT AUTHORIZED
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
This position is located in the 164th Airlift Wing, Mission Support Group, Mission Support Group, Logistics Readiness Squadron, Materiel Management Flight, in the Asset Management Section. The primary purpose of this position is to carry out the complete warehousing operations relating to mobility assets to include providing management control, oversight,coordination, and implementation of the base Individual Protective Equipment,Airborne/Non-airborne Readiness Spares Packages, War Reserve Material, and Weapons programs and operations. This position facilitates the primary mission of managing base mobility assets to include the accountability, reporting, receiving, distributing, tracking and maintenance of critical mobility related material. Serves as technical advisor to the Wing Commander, staff, and base personnel regarding mobility assets.
As a result of sequestration and budget shortfalls, Department of Defense is furloughing most of its employees for some amount of time during Fiscal Year 2013. If applicable, specific information regarding the administrative furlough will be provided to the individual selected for this position.
- Must maintain National Guard membership for continued employment
- Must obtain/maintain compatible military position
- Wear of the military uniform is a requirement of employment
- Acceptance of position may terminate bonus
- Position is Title 32, Excepted Service
- **Employee selected for this position MAY be subject to furlough**
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO :
(1) Manages,controls, oversees, coordinates and implements the base mobility assets program and function. (2) Responsible for the automated Mobility Inventory Control Accountability System (MICAS)database to include the installation of software upgrades and regular database backups. (3) Identifies mobility bag and customer individual protective requirements. Receives, stores and issues, Type A, B C, and D mobility bag assets. (4) Establishes and controls the MRSP/CRSP program for all assigned units. (5) Responsible for the storage of weapons indentified for extended storage. (6) Establishes and maintains War Reserve Material (WRM) details. (7) Responsible for leak and serviceability testing of the Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Defense (CBRN-D)masks and components utilizing the Joint Service Mask Leak Tester (JSMLT). (8) Provides MAJCOM with input for Air Staff data calls, reports, database rollups, and information pertaining to MICAS tracked mobility bag assets, Individual Protective Equipment, and Readiness Spares Packages. (9) Develops base operating instructions, plans, and procedures involving mobility assets to include mobility bag, weapons, and readiness spares packages. (10) Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED S PECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have 9 months experience in receiving, packaging and preparation for shipment. Experience in compiling reports, overall warehouse planning, documentation requirements, and accepted warehousing methods, procedures and techniques. Experience in setting up and rotating storage locations considering factors such as life expectancy, available space, product turnover, etc.
Meeting the months of experience requirement will not by itself be accepted as proof of qualification. Quality, type, and scope of experience or education must be demonstrated to show that applicant is fully qualified to perform duties at the grade level announced.
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION : Resume must reflect applicable experience.
1. Knowledge of a wide range of warehousing and supply principles, concepts and methodologies involving general supply, storage, distribution, and inventory.
2. Skill in setting up and rotating storage locations.
3. Skill in determining shortage and overage in inventory; inspecting items to determine fair wear and tear.
4. Ability to read and interpret technical publications manuals, and regulations.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE : NONE
You MUST submit required documents for your application to be considered.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume will be made to determine if it shows the minimum Required Specialized Experience. If a rating and ranking is required, your resume will be used to compare your responses against the Supplemental Information which is the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's). The categories used to assess all applicants that are rated is Highly-Qualified, Well-Qualified, and Qualified.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Main New Employee Website - http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - The Federal Flexible Spending Accounts Program (FSAFeds) allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The Federal Employees Health Benefits Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance Program (FEGLI) offers: Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP) provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
1. SELECTIVE SERVICE STATEMENT : If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT : The Tennessee National Guard is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Soldiers and Airmen will not be assessed, classified, trained, promoted, or otherwise managed on the basis of race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, reprisal, or non-disqualifying handicap. Discrimination due to age or disability are prohibited where not a factor of employment due to the military nature of the position. 29 CFR PART 1614. Discrimination due to gender is prohibited except as the direct combat probability coding policy applies to women.
usajobs.gov - 4 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...