NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD
DIVISION OF MILITARY & NAVAL AFFAIRS (MNHF)
LATHAM, NY 12110-2224
SELECTION PROCESS WILL BE IAW DMNA 690-4, CHAPTER 6
POSITION TITLE AND NUMBER:
T13-245A, MATERIALS HANDLER, D1950000, WG-6907-06
107TH AW, NIAGARA FALLS, NY 14304
ANNOUNCEMENT OPENS: 30 APR 2013 CLOSES: 30 MAY 2013
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the New York Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
This position is located in the Air National Guard, Mission Support Group, Logistics Readiness Squadron.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: ONBOARD
ONBOARD: ALL PERMANENT MILITARY TECHNICIANS IN THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD. ENLISTED MEMBERS ONLY
Applicant must already be a permanent technician in the NYANG.
U.S. Citizenship is required. DUTIES:
The primary purpose of the position is to perform warehouse inspection, storage, and inventory of a wide variety of supply and equipment items, classified and sensitive items, War Comsumables Distribution Objective (WCDO) items; selecting items to be issued, shipped, or transferred; conducting warehouse validations and inventories; maintaining central locator functions; performing warehouse inspection functions (i.e., shelf life, functional checks); and managing the staging area for delivery of items. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this MATERIALS HANDLER position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience or training which demonstrates the ability to compare item identification against receiving reports and issue request forms; skill in using hand trucks, dollies, and other equipment to move stock; ability to use hammers, pliers, and other hand tools; and to follow oral and written instructions.
Experience or training in receiving, packaging, and preparation for shipment. Experience in compiling reports, overall warehouse planning, documentation requirements, and accepted warehousing methods, procedures and techniques. Experience in setting up and rotating storage locations considering factors such as life expectancy, available space, product turnover, etc.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Ability and skill in operating Material Handling Equipment (MHE) to include gasoline, diesel or electric forklifts up to 15,000 pounds, small trucks, and two or four wheeled hand trucks.
2. Knowledge of reading various meters such as leak detector for gasses, etc.
3. Knowledge in research procedures.
4. Knowledgeable of work center computer operation.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Enlisted members only
Compatible Military Assignments:
APPLICANT MUST ALREADY BE A PERMANENT
MILITARY TECHNICIAN FROM THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
to 03/2013 )
- RESUME ( Resume must have a from and to date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year. Ex: 02/2012
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
Explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees at http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/interactive/Benefits#icc . OTHER INFORMATION:
- If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants. BENEFITS:
Under 32 USC 709, Veterans Preference does NOT apply.
For a complete list of Job Vacancy Announcements available at the New York National Guard, please visit our website at http://dmna.ny.gov/jobs/jobs.php?id=tech .
usajobs.gov - 10 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...