The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States and one of the nation's longest-enduring institutions. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your State and your community!
ILLINOIS NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Illinois National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Illinois National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Illinois National Guard.
Duty Location: 182 AW,Peoria, IL
Selecting Official: SMSgt Peter Miller, 309-633-5298
Open Areas of Consideration: 1, 2, 3 The first area of consideration will be permanent and indefinite technicians on board with the 182 nd AW/264 th CBCS/169 th ASOS/182d ASOS. The second area of consideration will be individuals holding membership in the Illinois Air National Guard. The third area of consideration will be individuals eligible to acquire membership with the Illinois Air National Guard. Applicants who meet the first area of consideration will be considered before those who meet the second and/or third area of consideration. Applicants who meet the second area of consideration will be considered before those who meet the third area of consideration.
Also being advertised AGR. If applying for the Technician and AGR announcements, a separate application, showing the proper announcement number, is required.
Military Requirements: Selected Candidates will be required to be in a compatible military assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments: Enlisted: 2SXXX
- Must be willing to become a member of the Illinois National Guard.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- NGIL Form 73 now required, see How to Apply, Required Documents.
- Position available when vacated by incumbent.
- Secret Security Clearance is required.
(1) Manages, controls, and operates the Individual Equipment Element exercising control over clothing and individual equipment items. Identifies requirements and determines source of supply, in accordance with AFMAN 23-110 and the Federal Acquisition Regulation, to satisfy customer requests and initiates procurement action through either the Standard Base Supply System, Virtual Prime Vendor (VPV)/ KYLOC, or Government Purchase Card. Determines appropriate line of accounting to obligate funds prior to acquisition. Performs a monthly reconciliation of all GPC purchases and expenditures and performs a monthly reconciliation of all KYLOC receipts and pre-bills.
(2) Ensures items are verified against receiving documents/invoices as to stock number, quantity, size, etc. Provides notification to customer when assets are available. Manages the control and security of assets pending distribution to customer. Establishes a holding area to facilitate maximum convenience in locating and handling of customer requested items until relinquished to customer.
(3) Operates a central issue and turn in point for individual clothing and equipment including special items authorized by Allowance Source Code authorization, AFSC, or duty assignments; common use items; field equipment; etc. Ensures uniforms are tailored with the proper insignia via locally established contract. Inspects and determines serviceability of uniforms turned in ensuring serviceable items are cleaned prior to re-issue. Receives customer requests by phone, written documentation, or personal visit, and acts expeditiously to promote effective customer support. Determines the stock number, unit of issue, and source of supply in order to assist the requester in obtaining the needed number of items, and completes required issue documents. Issues sized items of personal and survival equipment. Reviews and validates Allowance Source Code authorizations with commander(s) of supported organizations. Also reviews applicable theater specific requirements ensuring deploying personnel are adequately outfitted prior to departure.
(4) Computes and establishes levels of all items to be stored by the element including initial stock levels and special levels based on prior demand, known requirements, forecasted needs, and storage space. Receives individual clothing and equipment turned in for like items. Identifies items which can be reused or repaired and applies appropriate credit code on turn-in documentation. Evaluates condition and determines need of laundry or dry cleaning. Locates items to be turned-in to Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office as appropriate.
(5) Maintains required jacket files and records of individual equipment assets and individual clothing records. Performs an annual validation of flying status duty codes for rated officers. Coordinates with the MPF and unit commanders for personnel in/out-processing ensuring returnable assets are returned prior to personnel departing the installation. Initiates cash collection process and/or reports of surveys for missing assets. Determines and initiates inputs to load or change exception data on item records managed by Individual Equipment Element.
(6) Responsible for reports, listings, management notices and rejects. Reviews delinquent document listing daily to ensure all issue documents are accounted for; reviews reject listing daily for corrective action; checks the Daily Document Register (D04) for transactions that affect the IEE.
(7) Maintains files on correspondence, management notices, technical orders, Controlled Multiple Address Letter (CMAL), regulations, etc. Coordinates with materiel management functions, organization commanders and customers as required. Initiates correspondence and reports as required. Provides training and supervision for assigned subordinate drill status personnel as required. Evaluates and recommends customer training for supported organizations.
General Experience: Experience or training which demonstrates the ability to compare item identification against receiving reports and issue request forms; skill in using hand trucks, dollies, and other equipment to move stock; ability to use hammers, pliers, and other hand tools; and to follow oral and written instructions.
Specialized Experience: WG-06 level: Must possess 18 months: Experience or training in receiving, packaging, and preparation for shipment. Experience in compiling reports, overall warehouse planning, documentation requirements, and accepted warehousing methods, procedures and techniques. Experience in setting up and rotating storage locations considering factors such as life expectancy, available space, product turnover, etc. WG-05 level: Must possess 12 months: Experience or training demonstrating the ability to store, organize and/or rotate a variety of bin and bulk supplies, materials, equipment, and commodities. Familiar with basic warehouse procedures. Experience in determining quantities of inventory items. Experience in following oral and written instructions.
WG-04 level: Must possess 6 months: Experience or training demonstrating the ability to store, organize and/or rotate a variety of bin and bulk supplies, materials, equipment, and commodities. Familiar with basic warehouse procedures. Experience in determining quantities of inventory items. Experience in following oral and written instructions.
Other Requirement: For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state drivers license for the state in which they live or are principally employed.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
PAYMENT OF CHANGE OF STATION (PCS) COSTS: PCS at Government expense may be authorized only in accordance with the PCS policy set forth by The Adjutant General of Illinois.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. The following Web address is provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
This link provides and overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees. http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the National Guard Human Resource Office, you must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number listed on this announcement with the prescribed Cover Letter. The Human Resource can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
3. PRIORITY CONSIDERATION: Candidates who believe they are entitled to priority consideration for repromotion or reemployment should forward a description of the circumstances with their applications. Consideration of qualified candidates eligible for priority consideration will precede efforts to fill the position by normal competition.
usajobs.gov - 18 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...