NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD
DIVISION OF MILITARY & NAVAL AFFAIRS (MNHF)
LATHAM, NY 12110-2224
SELECTION PROCESS WILL BE IAW DMNA 690-4, CHAPTER 6
POSITION TITLE AND NUMBER:
T13-129A, MATERIALS HANDLER, D1955000, WG-6907-06
174TH AW, SYRACUSE, NY 13211
ANNOUNCEMENT OPENS: 1 FEB 2013 CLOSES: 4 MAR 2013
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the New York Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
This position is located in an ANG Aviation Wing, Mission Support Group, Logistics Readiness Squadron, Materiel Management Flight in the Asset Management Section.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: STATEWIDE
STATEWIDE: ALL MILITARY TECHNICIANS IN THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD, ALL MEMBERS OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD (INCLUDES AGR).
Must already be a member of the NY Air National Guard.
Must be a U.S. Citizen. DUTIES:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide management control, oversight, coordination, and issue of all individual equipment and clothing items to wing customers. This position facilitates the primary mission of procurement, receiving, distributing, tracking, accountability, reporting, and serving as the primary point of contact for base individual equipment and clothing. A broad general knowledge of general supply, storage, distribution, and inventory specializations is required. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this MATERIALS HANDLER position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience or training which demonstrates the ability to compare item identification against receiving reports and issue request forms; skill in using hand trucks, dollies, and other equipment to move stock; ability to use hammers, pliers, and other hand tools; and to follow oral and written instructions.
Experience or training in receiving, packaging, and preparation for shipment. Experience in compiling reports, overall warehouse planning, documentation requirements, and accepted warehousing methods, procedures and techniques. Experience in setting up and rotating storage locations considering factors such as life expectancy, available space, product turnover, etc.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Requires skill in storing incoming items and verifying overages, shortages, or damaged items-.
2. Requires skill to select storage locations to provide maximum use of storage area, while considering the movement of materiel with a high turnover rate.
3. Requires skill in researching inventory variances and determining cause of discrepancies. Knowledgeable of LOQMARS and hand held terminal procedures.
4. Requires skill in customer relations.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following document:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
- RESUME HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
Explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees at http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/interactive/Benefits#icc . OTHER INFORMATION:
- If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants. BENEFITS:
Under 32 USC 709, Veterans Preference does NOT apply.
For a complete list of Job Vacancy Announcements available at the New York National Guard, please visit our website at http://dmna.ny.gov/jobs/jobs.php?id=tech .
usajobs.gov - 19 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...