USPFO CIF Warehouse
NEVADA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
Persons with an INDEFINITE status:
 Must meet all military membership and compatibility requirements.
 Do not acquire permanent status.
 Do not serve a trial period.
 Are in Tenure Group III for Reduction in Force purposes.
 Separated when no longer needed and preceded by a 30-day advance written notice.
 Are entitled to retirement and insurance (life and health) benefits.
This position is located in a maintenance facility, warehouse, training site, supply or support type facility. Its purpose is to oversee one or more product lines, a segment of a large warehouse, or serve as the senior employee in a smaller warehouse or supply facility.
- Under 5 USC 2108 & 5 CFR 211, Veteran's Preference criteria does not apply
- Ref: Title 32 USC 709 for competitive and excepted employees
1. Performs a full range of warehousing activities to include receiving, storing , selecting and shipping bulk and bin materials and equipment.
2. Coordinates incoming and outgoing shipments and placement of materials within docking area.
3. Prepares inventory and production reports, screens and identifies shipping and receiving documents for discrepancies, and directs shipments to shipping or storage areas.
4. Identifies, examines, classifies, accepts, and disposes of a wide variety of materials and property including electronic equipment, aircraft and automotive components and assemblies.
Experience or training which demonstrates the ability to compare item identification against receiving reports and issue request forms; skill in using hand trucks, dollies, and other equipment to move stock; ability to use hammers, pliers, and other hand tools; and to follow oral and written instructions.
- Experience or training in receiving, packaging, and preparation for shipment. Experience in compiling reports, overall warehouse planning, documentation requirements, and accepted warehousing methods, procedures and techniques. Experience in setting up and rotating storage locations considering factors such as life expectancy, available space, product turnover, etc.
EXCEPTED, Enlisted, E1 - E5
Compatible Military Specialty: 92A, 92Y
REQUIRED: Secret Security Clearance
DESIRED: MOS 92A or 92Y
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Be prepared to address the following questions or statements on the online assessment questionnaire:
1. Skill in identifying, sorting, and judging the physical condition of a variety of complex materials.
2. Knowledge of procedures for receiving material and placing them in storage.
3. Skill in preparing material for shipment, using tags, labels and appropriate containers.
4. Ability to read and interpret a variety of technical catalogs and manuals.
5. Ability to operate forklifts and vehicles.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Flexible Spending Accounts - The Federal Flexible Spending Accounts Program (FSAFeds) allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For addtional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The Federal Employees Health Benefits Program offers over 100 optional plans. For addtional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For addtional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance Program (FEGLI) offers: Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for addtional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP) provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For addtional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For addtional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
This link provides and overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees. http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Wear of the appropriate military uniform and maintaining standards of conduct and appearance are mandatory. Additionally, the selectee agrees to attend all Unit Training Assemblies and Annual Training with his/her unit of assignment.
- Applicants who feel they have restoration rights to this position should contact the HRO.
- IAW the civil service employment law (5 U.S.C. 3328), male applicants born after 31 December 1959 are required to furnish a statement of Selective Service registration status prior to appointment.
- IAW the Immigration Reform Act of 1986 (Public Law 99-6603), successful applicant will be required to provide verification of eligibility to work in the United States .
- Member agrees to initiate Direct Deposit Action for payroll checks.
- Acceptance of a military technician position will cause termination of entitlement and eligibility for all bonuses and student loan repayments effective the date of employment. An initial payment received less than 180 days from the start of any technician tour, WILL be recouped. This does not apply to temporary technician assignments of less than 180 days. This does not affect GI Bill eligibility.
- No PCS funds are available.
- Grade inversion is not permitted.
- Employment may be contingent upon successful completion of technician pre-employment physical, and may be subject to pre-employment drug testing.
usajobs.gov - 16 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...