The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
These positions are located at Fort Hood Recycle.
Receives, identifies, sorts and feeds the various recycle processing equipment with a variety of recycle materials.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
- PCS orders must be attached to claim Spouse Preference
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: Receives general verbal and/or written instructions, SOPs, policies, and priorities pertaining to carrying out the work associated with the recycle program and processes. Work is spot checked to assure these accepted procedures are being followed. Work is reviewed for the end result meeting instructions, SOPs, policies, priorities, quality, and productivity goals.
MAJOR DUTIES: Receives, identifies, sorts and feeds the various recycle processing equipment with a variety of recycle materials. Moves appropriate recyclable material to the bailer machine, insuring the material is correct for the process. The incumbent must identify and separate recyclable material during the sorting process, in accordance with instructions, standard operating procedures, and policies for the recycle operation.
Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE: Required to have the ability to distinguish between a variety of recyclable materials and will have the ability and/or experience in operating recycle processing equipment and bailers or similar equipment.
RESPONSIBILITY: Incumbent is relied upon to accomplish routine duties within a satisfactory level of quality and productivity of work assigned.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: May be required to lift moderate to heavy items regularly weighing up to 50 pounds. Heavier items will be moved with weight handling equipment or with the assistance of other workers. The work will require walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, climbing, pushing, and bending. The incumbent must have the mental, physical, oral, and audio abilities at a level to assure the duties listed are performed in a safe and satisfactory manner.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed both inside the warehouse and in the yard. The incumbent will be required to work in areas that are not paved. Work will be performed in a variety of weather conditions; hot, cold, dry, wet, windy, and dusty. When handling hazardous materials, protective equipment is provided. The incumbent is expected to use safe working procedures and wear the appropriate safety gear
Required to have the ability to distinguish between a variety of recyclable materials and will have the ability and/or experience in operating recycle processing equipment and bailers or similar equipment.
Conditions of employment:
1. You will be required to complete a DA Form 3433-1 upon appointment to a NAF position http://armypubs.army.mil/eforms/pdf/A3433_1.pdf
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained.
5. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
6. Must demonstrate the ability to speak, read, write and understand English sufficiently to execute job requirements.
7. A medical examination is required.
8. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Ability to follow instructions and Flexibility/Safety
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) FLEXIBLE positions do not include benefits . For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 13 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...