Through the use of SAP manage a complement of finished goods, components and raw materials ensuring that parts are available for the customer on time with the least amount of inventory stocked.
a. Monitor incoming customer orders, shipments, forecast, backlog, inventory, and customer service by product family and in total.
b. Print drawings and create job packs from SAP output for use by the floor as required. Ensure job packs are handled and released to the floor according to standard and policy.
c. Schedule machining centers and machining departments in areas where multiple schedulers products are processed ensuring orders are handled in accordance with total business results.
2. Manage inventory at all levels to ensure annual goals in dollars and turns are met and materials are not created in excess of valid requirement.
3. Maintain finished goods at levels at or above annual customer service goals for the unit.
4. Maintain all planning material master data in SAP, including lot sizes, safety stocks, material replenishment types, lead times in accordance with policy and procedure.
5. Use Excel and other software package to periodically generate reorder points and rounding values for reorder point items
6. Perform purchasing execution activities for required sub-components and raw materials.
a. Place purchase orders on time from system generated signals and also in response to non-linear ¿impact¿ order sizes. Contact and interact with vendors to communicate delivery expectations, forecasts, design changes, etc.
b. Ensure purchasing PIR leadtimes and material master leadtimes match and are correct..
c. Recommend blanket order applications, work with Supplier Coordinator(s) to set-up, and manage.
d. Resolve packing slip and ¿Blocked¿ invoice errors that prevent or delay receipt of goods or supplier payment.
7. Perform similar or associated duties and special assignments as required or directed.
1. Thorough knowledge of planning, scheduling, and SAP. MS Excel and Word proficiency a must.
2. Considerable knowledge of manufacturing and production, forecasting and inventory management procedures.
3. Tact and persuasive ability in personal, telephone, and written contacts with company personnel, vendors, and customers to obtain information and cooperation in meeting sales and operating plan objectives.
Experience: One to three years in a planning/purchasing environment with progressively increasing responsibilities preferred. SAP experience preferred. Bachelor Degree required. Good communications, analytical and PC skills with the ability to problem solve quickly and effectively are expected skill sets. Knowledge and use of APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) practices will be looked upon favorably.
Adecco is the world’s largest provider of staffing solutions. But it’s not our size that makes us different, it’s our...