Division: Library, Applied Health, Vocational Training & Athletics
Contra Costa College
Last Day to Apply: March 29, 2013 by 5:00 p.m.
JOB OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
Contra Costa College, located in San Pablo, California is accepting applications for a full-time, tenure track Maternity Nursing Assistant Professor.
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE
(FIRST YEAR FACULTY)
$54,576 to $82,128 depending on education and experience
Note: A collective bargaining agreement exists and membership in United Faculty or payment of a service fee is required.
BENEFITS Membership in State Teachers Retirement System (STRS)
District-paid benefits (employee contributes 6%) for employee and dependents/domestic partners include: * Medical (Health Net or Kaiser) insurance including chiropractic
EMPLOYMENT BEGINS Fall 2013 (mid-August)
- Dental and vision
- Flexible spending (125) plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Deferred compensation (403b and 457)
- Sabbatical Leave
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
This is a full-time tenure track academic position. The teaching assignment will be theory and clinical instruction in maternity nursing. This position is typically assigned 2.5 lecture hours/week, 18 clinical hours/ week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To provide instruction to students in class, skills lab, local hospitals or other offcampus settings, in accordance with approved course outlines.
2. To collaborate with other faculty in the implementation of the nursing curriculum.
3. To inform students of course requirements, evaluation procedures, attendance
requirements, academic progress, and to develop remedial plans for students as
4. To prepare and grade class assignments and examinations.
5. To maintain attendance, scholastic, and personnel records and submit them according to published deadlines.
6. To post and maintain adequate and regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy.
7. To participate in evaluating, revising, and implementing the philosophy, objectives, student learning outcomes, curriculum and policies of the Nursing Department.
8. To participate in the college's shared governance process, curriculum development
and related instruction areas.
9. To develop and revise course materials and programs as necessary to maintain state-
of-the-art teaching and learning.
10. To participate on department, division, and college-wide committees.
11. To participate in the college community.
The applicant must possess one the following qualifications (earned degrees must be from an accredited college/university):
1. An earned Master's Degree in nursing OR
An earned Bachelor's Degree in Nursing AND a Master's Degree in Health Education,
Health Sciences or equivalency. (If you are applying for equivalency, you must complete the equivalency form at the end of the job application.)
2. At least one year of "clinically competent" experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care in a maternity nursing setting. "Clinical competence" as defined by the Board of Registered Nursing is a nurse who "possesses and exercises the degree of learning, skill, care and experience ordinarily possessed and exercised by a staff level registered nurse on the clinical unit to which the professor is assigned".
3. One year of experience teaching courses related to nursing or a course that includes practice in teaching nursing.
4. A current valid license to practice as a registered nurse in California.
1. Experience in teaching maternity nursing theory and clinical to registered nursing students at the pre-licensure level.
2. Willingness to support program improvement through collaborative assessment of student learning, staff development, and curriculum development, implementation and evaluation.
3. Experience in facilitating student application of theory to practice by use of the nursing process and critical thinking in both classroom and clinical settings.
4. Ability to connect personally with students and to build a classroom environment that supports students emotionally as well as intellectually.
5. Sensitivity to, and experience in working with diverse racial, ethnic, gender, socioeconomic, disabled and cultural populations; and a commitment to supporting
policies that respect and consider the diversity of the student population.
6. Ability and willingness to work productively with a diverse group of colleagues in the Nursing Department and the college.
7. Ability and willingness to integrate new technology (simulation, computerized exams, use of evidenced based research, etc.) into the curriculum.
8. Ability and willingness to modify personal teaching style based on current research in effective teaching strategies.
COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKET
MUST BE RECEIVED BY:
Last day to apply: March 29, 2013 by 5:00 p.m.
Vice President's Office
Contra Costa College
2600 Mission Bell Drive
San Pablo, CA 94806
(510) 235-7800 ext. 4217
NO FAXED OR E-MAILED MATERIALS WILL BE ACCEPTED.3
THE CONTRA COSTA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
In conformance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, requests for reasonable accommodation may be made to:
Director of Business Services (510) 235-7800, ext. 42094
Contra Costa College
Diablo Valley College Contra Costa College
To apply, visit: http://www.4cd.edu/career/fulltime_faculty/Maternity%20Nursing%20Assistant%20Professor.pdf
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
DiverseJobs.net - 9 months ago