Good Shepherd Services |
, a leading NYC non-profit committed to the success of young people and families, is currently seeking a Math Tutor, for our Brooklyn Lifelink Program in Brooklyn.
To work with Good Shepherd Services in a college transition and success program assisting entering college freshmen to prepare for the CUNY Assessment test in math, and succeed in college level math.
- Provide individual and group instruction for students in need of academic support.
- Assist students in comprehending and completing their practice coursework.
- Assist students in preparation for the CUNY placement exam.
- Function as a member of the Good Shepherd Brooklyn LifeLink team.
- Provide timely statistical and narrative documentation as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- H.S. diploma required, and some college preferred.
- Experience working with young adults in a classroom setting, required.
- Must be proficient in pre-algebra, algebra, college algebra and trigonometry.
- Ability to establish strong, supportive relationships with young adults.
- Ability to assess learning needs and develop curriculum based on student's academic needs.
- Must have commitment to work from a strength based and/or youth development perspective.
idealist.org - 15 months ago