Forest Laboratories, Inc. (FLI)
is an innovative, growth-oriented prescription pharmaceutical company focused on developing top-quality therapies that help people lead healthier, more fulfilling lives. We take pride in meeting our business objectives and expanding our product franchises, but we also derive satisfaction in helping to bring relief to people who are suffering. Our products treat conditions such as depression, anxiety, Alzheimer’s disease, hypertension and fibromyalgia, and we keep a focused eye on the future with a robust pipeline of compounds at virtually every stage of development. With headquarters in New York City and operations in New Jersey, Long Island, Missouri, Ohio, California, Ireland and the U.K, each of Forest’s more than 5,000 employees contributes to our quest to deliver quality products with entrepreneurial spirit, unflagging integrity and deep respect for people and community. Explore your potential to thrive with a career at Forest.
The Future Leaders Program is an innovative two-to-three year program that is designed to prepare future generations of business leaders at Forest. Interns develop critical leadership and technical skills through six-to-eight month rotational assignments across the organization, training, and continuous coaching and feedback.
The Program begins with a rotation in Internal Audit, which will provide a foundation for success by building critical skills and knowledge across a wide variety of areas of the business. The following rotations are fully customizable to the Intern’s career development goals and will provide opportunities for building key leadership and functional competencies, developing a cross-functional network of colleagues and interacting with members of executive management. Rotational areas may include: finance/accounting, marketing, business development, human resources, compliance, managed healthcare organizations and operations. At the completion of the program, the Intern will be placed into a permanent managerial position consistent with career goals and business needs.
Main areas of responsibility during Internship Program:
- The Future Leaders Program Summer Intern position is an intensive 10-12 week internship that provides valuable exposure to different business functions throughout the organization and the opportunity to build cross-functional relationships.
- The Summer Intern will report to the head of Internal Audit and will work directly with the Internal Audit department on projects that will enhance macro-level strategic thinking abilities, build a broad-based knowledge of Forest and the pharmaceutical industry, and provide exposure to various stakeholders throughout the organization.
- To supplement on-the-job learning, the Summer Intern will participate in a robust speaker series, which will provide insight on the clinical, commercial, and operational aspects of the Company.
- Additionally, the Summer Intern will engage with a peer mentor to help maximize the internship experience and provide insight into the Future Leaders Program.
- The Summer Intern will be considered for a full-time position as a member of the Future Leaders Program, subject to availability.
Minimum Qualifications to be considered for this position:
- Some relevant work experience that demonstrates initiative and the ability to work independently
- Currently enrolled in graduate program with a concentration in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or Marketing
- Strong leadership, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Pharmaceutical industry knowledge a plus
Forest Laboratories, Inc. - 19 months ago
Forest Laboratories doesn't just blend in with the trees. The company develops and manufactures prescription drugs to address a wide...