The Summer Associate Program provides exceptional MBAs with meaningful operating experience in a fast-growing services business. We are seeking an MBA Summer Associate who will report directly to the President and who will help transform ESF into a world-leader.
After a formal training period, each Summer Associate will tackle 2 major projects during their summer that are of strategic significance to the Company and that also give them a transformative experience that can serve as a springboard for their future. They'll also have 1 additional project related to organizing a community service project with ESF’s non-profit arm-Dream Camp. Examples of projects include:
- An analysis of an existing and new operating structure in order to deliver "camp in a box" with the goal of scaling the model
- Major pricing study in each market
- Major competitor study
- An analysis of other program offerings/services the company should consider
- How the company should diversify from a seasonal business to a year round business
- An analysis and action plan related to performance improvement within our fourteen (14) operated sites that increase financial performance for the Company.
- MBA candidate at a top business school
- At least 3 years of work experience
- Strong analytical skills, business judgment and problem solving capabilities
- Excellent writing skills, attention to detail and follow-through
- Solid project management skills, including ability to work on and deliver projects independently, proactively and under pressure
- Comfortable working in a small, entrepreneurial and highly dynamic organization
- Strong relationship-building skills, including humility, patience, tact and authenticity
ESF Summer Camps (“ESF”) has been a leader in the sports education industry since its founding in 1982. ESF (ie. “Education, Sports and Fun”) features award-winning summer enrichment programs in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Maryland, Delaware, and Florida for over 12,000 people of all ages every year. ESF is considered one of the country’s premier character and leadership development companies and has benchmarked with blue-chip companies and organizations which include Disney, GE, Cirque du Soleil, Four Seasons, The US Marine Corps, IDEO and the Stanford d.school. ESF operates an impressive portfolio of 60 nationally recognized day camps in multiple states ( www.esfcamps.com ), white label programs that include 20 baseball camps for Major League Baseball’s Philadelphia Phillies ( www.philliescamps.com ) in 4 states, 18 soccer camps for Major League Soccer’s Philadelphia Union ( www.unionsoccerschools.com ), and a non-profit foundation which focuses on after school mentoring and summer camps for underprivileged children in 2 states ( www.esfdreamcamp.org ).
ESF Camps - 18 months ago
ESF (which stands for Education, Sports, and Fun) has been a pioneering force in summer day camps since its humble beginnings in 1982 by...