Responsible for conducting high-level analyses of commercial/business loans. Primary duties include utilizing and maintaining the credit unions systems to spread and analyze borrowers’ financial statements; assist lending management in supporting existing relationships and in reviewing new business loan offerings; preparing and presenting Credit Memos on new and existing loans; assisting in the monitoring and annual risk analysis of loans in the portfolio; assisting Members with the application process, negotiate rates and terms within market prices while structuring prudent and profitable loans; performing site visits to evaluate collateral when necessary.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Spreading financials and preparing credit memos for recommendations to the Business Lending Committee on New and Renewed loans.
- Spreading financials and writing up annual reviews for risk monitoring of the portfolio.
- Meeting with potential borrowers and assessing their financial needs. Guiding borrowers through the application process.
- Assisting in the review of appraisals, environmental reports or market data needed to process business loans.
- Making site visits for the purpose of Developing Business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience: Two to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field).
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or can be of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Other Skills: Must have a thorough understanding of financial statements including balance sheets, income statements, tax returns and statements of cash flow. A working knowledge of commercial loans types, structures and practices. Ability to evaluate credit data in determining loan risk. Significant analytical thinking skills are required to analyze and assimilate financial information into actionable data with recommendations on course of action to take.
Must have excellent resource management, project planning, compliance, leadership, written and verbal communication skills.