Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing, manages the overall process and tracking of all Medicare/Medicaid case-mix documents in order to assure appropriate reimbursement for services provided within the facility. Conducts MDS reviews to assure maximum allowable RUG categories. She/he will integrate information from nursing, dietary, social services, restorative, rehabilitation, and physician services to ensure appropriate reimbursement.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the coordination of all necessary data to complete the Minimum Data Set.
- Interacts with all identified staff relevant to the completion, updating and transmittal of the MDS 2.0, coordinates all information, data and documentation for the MDS 2.0 as outlined.
- Coordinates with all identified staff relevant to the completion and updating of resident Care Plans all required information, data and documentation as outlined Federal, State agencies.
- Appropriately interacts with residents, responsible parties, family, friends, physicians, other related health care and non-health care professionals, visitors, and vendors
- Maintains schedule for MDS completion , updates and transmittal.
- Coordinates date, time and place for Care Plan meetings, notfies resident, responsible party, appropriate staff and/or health care and non health care professionals as indicated.
- Completes the admission and discharge tracking form and maintains a tracking system for every admission/re-entry/discharge.
- Actively participates in the suvey process by authorized regulatory agencies.
- Maintains all reports and transmission data in a systematic format and stores in a safe, locked area.
- All MDSs will be submitted timely with 0 defaults.
- Oversees the Data Entry Clerk for accuracy of the MDS and verifies electronic transmission to the State.
- Provides MDS education to the interdisciplinary team as appropriate.
Experience and Skills
- Required to be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Required to have an active license in the state of New Jersey by the State Board of Nursing.
- Required one year long-term care clinical experience.
- Must have good computer and organizational skills.
- Experience with Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement, MDS completion, clinical resource utilization and case management is highly desirable.
Lutheran Social Ministries of NJ - 20 months ago
Built on more than a century of grace-filled service, Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey (LSMNJ) continues its mission as a...