MECHANICAL DESIGNER (UNIGRAPHICS)
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION, PLEASE E-MAIL YOUR RESUME IN A WORD DOCUMENT.
Creates mechanical drawings by planning work; rendering views; recording dimensions; developing applications; preparing bills of materials; updating databases.
* Plans mechanical drawings by reviewing sketches, descriptions, specifications, and supporting documents; conferring with engineers and product designers.
* Prepares mechanical sketches and drawings by rendering sectional, auxiliary, and multiviews, sub-assemblies, pictorials, dimensions, and developments; producing two- and three-dimensional orthographic projections using computer aided design (CAD) and pictorial techniques; producing three-dimensional (3-D) models including 3-D and spherical coordinates.
* Prepares mechanical detail drawings by developing applications and calculations of castings, forgings, stampings, machined components, gears, cams, bearings, belt and drive chains, splines, linkages, dies, jogs, hydraulics, and pneumatics; producing fit specifications and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T); analysing force systems in equilibrium, involving loaded beams, columns, trusses, and riveted and welded joints, and internal stresses of loaded members; resolving conflicts between options.
* Prepares supporting information by developing bills of materials; standard parts, and fasteners.
* Modifies drawings by analysing, resolving, and incorporating changes
* Documents work by recording data and drawings; updating databases.
* Complies with legal requirements by adhering to codes and regulations.
* Keeps equipment operational by adjusting hardware configuration; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; calling for repairs.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Unigraphics NX6 or later, Requirements Analysis, Design Skills, Conceptual Skills, Presentation Skills, Functional and Technical Skills, Thoroughness, Analyzing Information
Experience: 1 to 3 years
- 2 years ago - save job