Bachelor's Degree in mechanical engineering. Entry level opening. Minimum of 0 - 5 years engineering experience. Must have the ability to plan, organize and carry out technical activities, as well as communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Must have the ability to plan, organize and carry out technical activities, as well as communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Requires technical presentation skills. Knows fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of particu¬lar discipline. Needs to be able to cope with stresses and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained. Competent in applicable PC applications. Works effectively in groups. Effective written and oral communication skills as well as developing technical presentation skills.
- Engineering analysis and/or design of various basic to complex mechanical systems utilizing a wide spectrum of traditional and innovative engineering techniques.
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard and non-standard engineering techniques and procedures while using judgment when making adaptations and modifications. Works independently to make adaptations and modifications.
- The employee keeps the supervisor informed of progress, changes, priorities, and project cost/schedule status.
- As individual researcher or staff specialist, performs complex or novel assignments requiring development of new and/or improved techniques and procedures.
- Must be analytical, inquisitive and energetic.
- Computer modeling and simulation experience an asset.
Typically works under normal office conditions where required to sit for extended periods of time. Regularly spend significant amounts of time working in front of computer terminal.
The Raymond Corporation - 18 months ago
Business at The Raymond Corporation is picking up, literally. The company manufactures electric material-handling equipment, including fork...