The mission of the United States Air Force is to
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of
Global Vigilance, Reach and Power
. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values --
integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do
Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided.
The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
U.S. Citizenship Required
Travel and relocation expenses will be paid
This position is centrally managed in the Civil Engineer Career Program
Back to top
This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) with duties in the "Professional"
work category and at the Senior work level.
The organization location of this position is: HQ AFISRA Logistics, Installations, and Mission Support Directorate, Lackland AFB, TX.
**** Salary ranges shown do not include local market supplement *****
Position is centrally managed in the Civil Engineer Career Field.
This position serves as a lead mechanical engineer for developing AFISRA policy, procedures, design and construction requirements, operating and maintenance standards, and improvements to extensive and critical facilities, plants and infrastructure systems.
Represents HQ AFISRA as a knowledgeable technical engineering program manager for mechanical systems.
Communicates clearly on mechanical engineering topics with all levels of Department of Defense (DOD) management concerning prescribing laws, industry standards, and instructions.
Interprets criteria to ensure mechancial infrastructure systems adequately support AFISRA mission requirements.
Reviews operating conditions, analyzes performance, develops methodology, and supervises corrective actions regarding chillers, boilers, water heaters, air handling units, ducting systems, fans pumps and HVAC control systems at AFISRA operations facilities world-wide.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel Systems (DCIPS) position implemented under Section 504, Title V of Public Law 99-569, Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1987, as codified in Sec 1601, Chap 83 of Title 10 United States Code which sets forth Air Force policies and procedures for DCIPS. This position is in the Excepted Service.
Back to top
Degree: Professional Engineering.
To be acceptable, the curriculum must: (1) be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
A combination of education and experience -- college-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering.
The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following: Professional registration, written test, specified academic courses or related curriculum.
AND IN ADDITION TO MEETING THE BASIC REQUIREMENT, APPLICANTS MUST ALSO POSSESS THE FOLLOWING.
Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled.
To be creditable, the specialized experience must have been at the GG-12 grade level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service. Examples of creditable specialized experience include: Knowledge that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Such experience is typically gained in the Civil Engineer field or through the performance of work where the primary concern is Civil Engineer. The employing agency is responsible for defining the specialized experience based on the requirements of the position being filled. Examples of creditable experience may include: Knowledge of a broad range of mechanical engineering concepts, principles, and practices and extensive familiarity withother engineering disciplines and architecture.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of a broad range of engineering and contruction standars, methods, practices, and techniques, materials, and equipment to determine compliance with federal, state, and local codes and regulations.
2. Knowledge of indoor air quality standards; ability to plan and conducts indoor air quality assessments and provide analysis and engineering solutions to resolve identified problems.
3. Knowledge of how to conduct site visits to investigate facility operations and identify methods, technologies and process changes which may be implemented to reduce energy costs.
4. Knowledge of automated data processing concepts, systems capabilities, and economic usage to effectively accomplish assigned functions; and knowledge of program planning and budgeting cycles, financial control and budget systems and management.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work.
You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY?
provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional
education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Position is designated critical sensitive and incumbent must be able to obtain and retain a TOP SECRET (TS) security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI). A non-disclosure agreement must be signed. Incumbent may be required to submit to a polygraph examination.
2. This position has been designated by the Air Force as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force Civilian Testing Program. Employee must pass initial and periodic short notice drug testing. Illegal drug use by employees in sensitive positions a clear threat to the mission of the Air Force, national security, and public safety.
3. Work is primarily performed in an office environment with frequent travel to various CONUS and overseas locations. Incumbent will work in TDY status at remote, foreign sites with limited conveniences. TDY assignments may be up to 30 days in duration and must be able to go TDY on short notice. Travel may be required by military or commercial aircraft during non-duty hours/days. Inspection of mechanical systems will require entry into mechanical rooms, roofs, tunnels, crawl spaces and other areas that will require reasonable physical agility and conditioning and stamina. Incumbent must meet associated medical/physical standards.
4. Incumbent must be able to secure a valid United States (US) Passport.
5. A bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from an Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited program with extended experience in professional occupation is highly desirable.
6. A current certificate of registration as a professional engineer issued by an appropriate licensing agency is desirable.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Back to top
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government -
for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
For additional information, click
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants)
: Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click
for more information.
: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
Current Federal Civilian employees
may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
Temporary and Term Appointments:
If you are selected for a temporary or term position, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition.
This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package
be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on
Thursday, December 06, 2012
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click
for the required cover page.
This Vacancy ID is
. Fax your documents to
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire.
The numbering sequence on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire.
Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence.
This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately.
for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to
. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date.
You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking
Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
If you are faxing any documents, click
- If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
for the official cover sheet to print.
The fax number is 478-757-3144
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
550 C Street W Ste 57
Department of the Air Force - 2 years ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...