• Design and develop novel advanced packaging for optical assemblies at 40/100 Gbps and beyond
• Create and develop mechanical designs addressing the optical, electrical, thermal, and mechanical requirements of high reliability components. Create detailed 3D models and drawings within Solidworks. Review and analyze new designs with respect to various industry standards and thermo-mechanical requirements.
• Conduct modeling of the mechanical assemblies, along with empirical testing to validate the thermal and mechanical performance.
• Design tools and test fixtures for the assembly and test of the components. Testing includes thermal and electrical properties of the component including RF in different environmental conditions
• Work with various vendors worldwide to achieve yield, cost, and manufacturability requirements. Some travel to interact with offshore suppliers and other Finisar locations is expected.
SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS (include Education, Skills & Experience):
• MS/PhD in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• Proficiency in 3-D modeling, preferably using Solidworks. Ideal candidate will also be skilled in thermal and mechanical FEA.
• Strong analytical skills
• 3+ years of mechanical design experience
• Good communication, planning, organizational & interpersonal skills
• Familiarity with Agile a plus
Finisar - 4 months ago