Full-time; Day shift position.
Provide professional nursing care for clinic patients receiving treatments and examination, according to established procedures.
1. Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program and safety standards.
2. Orient, instruct and train assigned personnel.
3. Cooperate with other personnel to achieve department objectives and maintain good employee relations, interdepartmental objectives and infection control policies.
4. Prepare patients for scheduled procedures to assist in patient assessment. Accurately records history and performs basic triage procedures per policy including accurate vitals.
5. Retrieve initial basic condition of patients and reports to appropriate practitioner.
6. Demonstrate sensitivity to patient's comfort and privacy by using the AIDET fundamentals of communication.
7. Assist physicians with examinations, procedures and other processes related to direct patient care.
8. Maintain a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients/families during their visit.
9. Monitor and ensure accuracy of recording on patient medical records. Maintain all required reports, records, statistics, etc.
10. Ensure an adequate stock of supplies and well maintained equipment.
11. Inspect area daily for compliance with policies, procedures, regulations and standards and takes corrective action when violations occur.
12. Schedule all outside patient appointments per physician order and relays accurately to patients.
13. Take calls from hospitals/ nursing homes and relays appropriate information to practitioner in a timely manner.
14. Assure test results are received and relayed to patient in a timely manner.
15. Complete medical orientation checklist.
16. Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
17. Attend meetings as required and participates on committees as directed.
18. Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
One (1) year experience in medical office setting. OB/GYN office experience preferred.
- 2 years ago - save job
Covenant Medical Management, Inc. provides turnkey business and administrative services to fifty seven (57) physicians who practice within...